xi. the start of feelings

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

"Hey, Mudblood!" Crabbe and Goyle blocked Jemina's way as she got out of the restroom, the two of them grinning evilly at her.

"Y-Yes?" Jemina stuttered out in fear. There they were again, trying to target her for being a Muggleborn and a Hufflepuff. It was only a few days since school had started, but the Slytherins, especially the seniors, kept on going after her. She knew she was an easy target because of the prejudice they had, but she hated being treated like this. She wanted to go back home instead. Back to her family where she knew she would be safe.

"Why are you still here in Hogwarts anyway? Did you do what we asked?"

"I-I – Hey!" Jemina was cut off when Crabbe suddenly took her bag from her and Goyle held her back to prevent her from taking her bag back. The Slytherin emptied the contents of her bag onto the floor and grinned when he saw what he was looking for. The papers they ordered Jemina to answer for them.

"Well, at least you have some use in this world." Goyle laughed before his friend checked out the papers. "We would say thank you and shake hands, but we might get infected with you and your filth. Just go back to where you came from. You don't deserve to be here."

Jemina looked down and tried to hold in her tears. She thought she was special for being a witch despite her coming from a normal family, but it seemed more like a burden than a gift now. They were right. She should just leave...

"HEY!" A loud voice caught their attention, and they looked to the side to find Ginny Weasley running towards them with an angry stare. "Let go of her."

"And why should we?" Crabbe raised an eyebrow at her. "Stay out of this, Weasel."

"Don't say I didn't warn you." Ginny muttered before taking out her wand and pointing it at the two. "Engorgio Manus!"

"ARGH!"

"OW!"

Goyle let go of Jemina immediately and the Muggleborn's eyes widened when she saw their hands inflating like balloons. They sent glares at the two girls before finally running away. When she was sure they were gone, Ginny helped up Jemina who was frozen on the floor before smiling softly at her. "Are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah. Thank you." Jemina whispered out in gratitude though there was still uncertainty lacing her voice. She started picking up her things that were still on the floor.