eleven

Chapter Eleven

---

Targaryen Support

2 BC

Years of peace set on the Island of Dragons with the wedding of its rulers. The three sisters were on good terms, and the dragons freely flew around their home, but still, one thing bothered the ever-working Lord Targaryen.

Truly it was none of his business. He had his island and his people. And yet his eyes watched as Westeros was dying at the hands of their selfish kings.

Always at war, gaining enemies from all sides of the world and mostly ruining their kingdoms and their people.

Aegon's mind was troubled by the events that were being caused by his neighbours. 

These kings didn't rule their land, they were burying it into the ground, crushing the smallfolk and destroying each other.

Aegon's ambition slowly pushed away from the peace. His sister-wife had noticed that as well, worrying about the circles under his eyes.

She tried getting him in the bed, to sleep at least for an hour. He wouldn't listen, until he noticed she was tired, he would join her, but rarely close an eye. His mind was working and he knew he wouldn't sleep until he took control of what kept him awake.

Lord of Dragonstone called his sisters for a meeting, inviting Rhaenys back to her home.

Meraxes showed up much more alone than with Rhaenys, especially as last year her rider gave birth to her first child, Aerion Velaryon, named after her father. He fastly became the talk of the family. The little boy hasn't yet been on Dragonstone, but he did meet his Targaryen uncle and aunts. A lot of his face resembled Rhaenys, having her eyes and same silverish hair. Even as a child he was loud and now almost talking. He sang to his aunts once when they visited, getting a comment from his uncle about how he will easily charm girls into his arms.

The dragons seemed to be following her steps, as Visenya had discovered three dragon eggs. By the looks of it, they could be Gaelitox and Vhagar's. However, they are yet to hatch.

" Sisters. " Rhaenys addressed them, getting off her dragons carefully. They hugged each other, having been parted for the last two moons. 

" How is our nephew? " 

" Aerion is great. Healthy and strong, still loves to sing. Sometimes even wakes me up at night with his sweet voice. " Rhae explained, smiling. The new role of a  mother made her more cheerful than ever. Sure, before she was mostly happy and smiling. But since she had her son, it's like it made her life better.

" What did Aegon need of me? " She reminded them of the call they all got.

" I am not sure, he said he will tell us all what is the matter once we are all together. " The sisters marched up in their castle, announcing their arrival with the sound of their steps. When they found themselves in the same room with Aegon, questions started poking at him.

" What did you need of us? " He motioned for them to sit, which they did. " So, what is it? "

" My mind has been troubled with the events that have been happening in the west. " His eyes scanned over the map that was laid in front of him.

" You mean in Westeros? " Aegon quickly nodded his head. 

" How is that your concern? " The oldest sister speaks up.

" Because they are destroying their kingdoms. One goes after another, wars are being formed of nothing, and some small disagreement leads men into battle.

" Aegon, they aren't attacking us, I don't think we should worry. " His sisters agreed with one another, not sure how could foreign land worry their brother so much. 

" You think someone's head won't get too big. It will and they will attack us when we are not ready. Who knows what could they do to our dragons if the whole fleet with archery arrives unexpectedly. " He was right. If it were to happen they might injure the dragons and their best weapon would not be able to be used even as protection.

" What did you even have in plan? " 

" I want to conquer Westeros. " For a moment silence entered the room.

" You mean all of Westeros? " Aelora quickly asked, not sure if he meant it.

" Yes. And become its king. "  It came like a wave and shut the Targaryen women down as they didn't expect his statement.

" Are you sure you want this? " Rhae made eye contact with her brother, seeing no hesitation.

" I wouldn't call you if I wasn't serious. So, do I have your support? " Sisters looked around, they were all unsure of the plan, thinking it wouldn't be the best idea. But still, Aegon was their brother and they want to support him in his battles.

" We do, brother. How are we to go about with it? " Visenya was already ready for action and planning.

" I had written to our uncle. Orys is on his way here with Lord Celtigar and Lord Massey who accepted to support us. "

" I don't think that's going to be enough. " Aelora voiced her concerns, knowing the men of only four houses wouldn't be able to match the power of not even one kingdom.

" This is just the beginning, my love, more is to come with each victory. " Aegon cupped the cheeks of his wife, offering her a small peck on her forehead which she didn't refuse.

" When is the first meeting? "

" After everyone gets here. Uncle will arrive tomorrow with our cousins. " Visenya nodded, leaving the room as she was followed by her sister, leaving the Lord and Lady to their peace.

" You could have told me if that bothered you. " She stepped closer to his face, grabbing him by his arms and hugging him in the lightest way she could.

" I know, dear. I wanted us to discuss it with Visenya and Rhaenys so that no one would be left out. "

" You have a plan for how to start this? " Her eyes shimmered at him, giving him a concerned look.

" I have a plan how to end people's suffering and bring them peace. " He pulled her head to lay on his shoulder, embracing her into his arms.

" You have nothing to be worried about as long as you trust me. "

" I trust you more than anything. But you can't control the future. "

" Targaryens can always try. " They smiled together, hoping he was right.