Nine

Chapter Nine
---
Visenya's Blessing

6 BC
Dragonstone was a bit dull without Rhaenys. It was without her spirit running down the halls which would take everyone's attention.

Rhaneys now has a family, well not yet, but surely she will soon and that was the agreement Aegon and uncle Daemon made.

Meraxes often comes back to her home, it seems she is missing the place where she could be with other dragons. She was as sociable as her rider. Driftmark, to her disappointment, didn't have dragons.

Velaryons are from Old Valyria, they are not dragon-riders. They love the sea and have many ships with which they can explore all fourteen of them.

Three sisters met it the sky quite a lot, despite Visenya's bitterness for flying so much. It was all worth it when they saw Rhaenys.

" How have you been? " They would ask her and she would delightfully answer.

" The best I can be. " She smiled from ear to ear.

" We are very glad for you. " The youngest one would cheer, speaking for both herself and Visenya.

" How are you two? " One would wait for another to say, the oldest one took the hint and spoke.

" Good. " Just good never said the real truth. It was just to get off the idea of their relationship. It did the opposite.

" You have talked. " The newly married Velaryon thought, announcing it out loud. Aelora looked to Visenya than to Rhaenys.

" Not completely. " Sisters quieted down, the previous conversation they were having was stopped, gone from their minds. A tiny sound of breaths moved in the surrounding the only thing which dared to touch their ears.

Visenya's feet met the body of her dragon, needing the company of the sky. The remaining sisters monitored her. Aelora quickly ran to Gaelitox, hoping she could catch up with Vhagar. Visenya was far in front of her not yet escaping her sight. She stayed behind, not wishing to alarm her sister or her dragon. 

How badly she wanted for things to be different, to be able to talk to Visneya like she used to, not having to watch every word. Aegon feels the same way, they spoke of it. They can't mention one another while in the presence of the oldest Targaryen. To be completely fair, they didn't spoken to her yet. Thinking there is time, avoiding the uncomfortable situation. They should, one day they will marry, Visenya liked it or not, she will have to accept it, just like they would if she was in that position. 

They landed one after the other, their brother waited for them. They exchanged looks, knowing what is to follow.

Before she could storm away, Aegon stopped in her way.

" Sister, we need to talk. " He challenged her, the same way he did when they would practice. She was never the one to back down from challenges. But this was a too important matter to be avoided.

" We have come to a decision, you might not agree with. " Lord of Dragonstone gently tucked his sister's hand under his, making her know how he will be with her the whole time.

" We wish to be wed. "
" I am aware of your wishes. " After the words, the eldest gave them a look to continue.

" We want you to accept our choice. " The voice spoke loudly and clearly.

" We would be honoured to have your blessing. " Aelora drew the attention to her. Visenya watched the girl's features. She was serious, wanting what she asked for.

" You want my blessing? " She responded, almost laughing.

" The true and honest one perhaps. " Aegon's biggest wish was to have his sister love him, just the way he loved her and finally when he had her love he couldn't receive it as the one person standing in their way. The sister he was supposed to marry.

" When wasn't I true and honest. " Her feet were leading her away from the two loved ones.

And then they were again, away from the marriage as they were before.

Of course, they could be married right there, but Aelora wasn't pleased with her taking away her brother from Vis. She believed how their sister's blessing would make the marriage more comfortable and their relationships.

She understood Visenya. She didn't understand how did their love anger her so much that she couldn't speak with them properly.

The tear she hoped to not use, fell on the ground as fast as she did with Gaelitox.

" I will be in my chambers. " Aegon wanted to comfort her more than anything else. Aelora was stubborn in similar situations. When things, Aelora preferred to spend the time by herself, not involving others.

She did fear this would go on forever. Visenya' grudge, her and Aegon's wedding not happening.

Tears leaked from her eyes. She was crying in pure silence, not making any noises herself. Letting the sadness take her in.

The oldest Targaryen was mad at her backstabbing siblings. Still, Aelora and Aegon were her siblings, of her own blood. With whom she grew up. Deep down she knew they would never do such a thing on purpose.

Love happens and there is nothing you can do to prevent it. Her wise mother said so herself. Perhaps it was love that kept her with their father.

They did have something nice to look at, even from Visenya's perspective. Wouldn't it be nice to see something similar happen to her siblings as well?

No matter how much anger she felt, the bond that she owned with her younger siblings was something she cherished much more.

" You may enter. " Quiet words opened the door. Purple eyes met. Sisters approached one another.

" Aelora. " Vis took her sister's hand, feeling how cold were they. She smiled at the gentle figure. Warming up Aelora's hands, giving them a peck.

" I give you my blessing. " The words ere all she wanted to hear.

" You do? " She exclaimed, hugging her. For a second she forgot Visenya's dislike for affection. As she was to pull away Visenya didn't let her.

" It's alright. " She surprisingly embraced the affection which was given to her.

" Thank you, Vis. This means a lot to Aegon and me. " The warmth replaced the coldness. They both felt it, the sisters never to be as close as they are right now.

" Do you mind if I? " She almost ran to the entrance.

" Go. " Smile was given to her before Aelora ran out to the office. Her legs almost flew into the air as they carried her around Dragonstone.

" Aegon! " She called his name when their faces met.

" Is everything alright? " He asked, moving closer to her body.

" We have a blessing. " She jumped in his arms, he needed a second to understand what she said. Finally, the worries which followed him vanished.

" We do. " Kiss was put on her forehead, gaining a kiss on the cheek and neck.

" When do you want us to marry? " Lord Aegon removed the hair from her face so he could see her face better.

" As soon as possible. " They shared smiles of the biggest happiness, lovingly exchanging looks.

" And we shall be wed as soon as possible. " Two Targaryens couldn't be more delighted by the events they have been longing for to happen.

Aelora The Ambitiousजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें