Five

Chapter Five
---
Targaryen vs Velaryon

6 BC

As heads of both houses disappeared into the office, leaving the remaining Velaryon men and Targaryen women to find some interests. They decided to stay in the quiet and small library which was built for Valaena as she loved to read. Being a caring mother by reading many fairytales to her children, mostly to her youngest daughter. In the last years of her mother's life, the little girl knew how to read on her own, returning her mother a favour by reading to her.

" It's nice. " They started inspecting the room, while Visenya paid almost none attention to them, sitting in the nearby armchair.

A book found its way into Aelora's hand, the favourite story of Lady Valaena.

" Hm, The King and Queen? What is that about? " Corlys spoke, being turned to her back, reading the title.

" It's about the king who was very good, but also sad unknowingly to his people. " She stopped to see if he is still listening. The focus on his face confirmed it.

" The king was to marry a princess from far land so his kingdom and hers would be strong aliases. "

" He wasn't in love with her and the thought of a miserable marriage made him feel like he had nothing in the world that could make him happy. "

" So he later fell in love with the princess? " The man asked.

" No, but with a girl from a house of small nobility, too little to marry a king. " Flipping through the pages, finding the one she wanted.

" So he married her. " Showing her cousin the drawing of the queen and her husband.

" Was the princess mad at the king? " He didn't move his eyes from the page.

" Yes. Luckily she wasn't cold-hearted, she accepted King's apology and everyone lived happily. " Smile touched her lips, her mother used to be so beautiful when she told the story like some light was shining on her face.

" It seems like a nice story. " He gave the book back to her, still holding his hand on it. " Very romantic. " He leaned into her, pushing her back to the bookshelves. A flash of warmth occupied her face. To be this close to anyone, she never was.

It felt wrong in some way. To be this close to her cousin or any man at all. She moved past him, Corlys sensed something wasn't right, scared he took things too quickly for her liking.

" Is everything alright? " The concern was real, as was her discomfort.

" Yes. " She spoke quietly, shaking her head, confusing her cousin.

" Corlys I don't think you understand. " Her voice turned serious. If he was deaf, he wouldn't notice it as her facial expression didn't change one moment.

" What do I not understand? " Did he need it spelt out? Aelora wasn't comfortable with too many men, because of the thoughts of women being the weaker ones. She didn't know if her cousin was the same, but as of now, it seemed so.

" I am not sure what you are trying to achieve, but it most likely will not happen. " The previous confusion just grew. Neither understood one another. Their positions. It was complicated. They knew of their own reasons, but of others, minds had no information.

Aelora returned the book on the shelf shifting to see Corlys.

" I think Aegon and uncle will soon be done with their conversation. " Their hands were pulled together until they were reviled to Visenya, Rhaenys and Aethan.

" We should wait for them at the table. " The young girl suggested. The family had no reason to argue, believing Aegon and Daemon would join them soon enough.

After the tension which surrounded the table even more than the last time. Aegon's glares could be taken as a challenge. Targaryen Lord vs his Velaryon cousin. He didn't get the point of his looks.

" Why is Aegon shooting knife at my head? " Corlys asked half joking half terrified.

" I think you have done something that made him upset. " Aelora saw the stares. Visenya might have seen her and Corlys, telling Aegon of the closeness we had at that moment.

" Why? "

" I don't know. " She shrugged, returning to her plate.

There was nothing to be said, letting silence speak instead of them.

They ended the day heading to their chambers, straight to the bed.

Except for the two Targaryens.

Aegon and Aelora.

Aegon had too many things on his mind to let it rest. His mind was running with ideas of the conversation.

The conversation that might change his life drastically. Her answer is the key.

While his head was filled with worry, his sister felt like she was in the clouds.

Does it mean he shares her feelings?

If he doesn't like how Corlys acted towards her and didn't even notice Rhaenys and Aethan, does it mean what she hopes it means?

She did not know.

And neither did he.

Both wanted to.