Two

Chapter Two
---

Dragon's Pride

7 AC

Her grief vanished, not completely, at times she will still grief over her dead loved ones. Now it's not the time. There are more important things to be done. Her brother, Aegon is now the new Lord of Dragonstone. She hasn't talked to him since the day he held her while she wept. Well, she didn't talk to anyone since that day, especially her busy brother who had been put in their father's place.

Aelora decided it was enough, she knew how she couldn't control such emotions as sadness or stress, it being visible on her features. Face pale, eyes watery, teeth biting the inside of her cheek.

Aelora stood from her bed, still in her nightgown, she dressed up quickly, a Grey dress on her. She brushed her hair, looking at what the grief made of her in the mirror. It made her look a year or two older. She closed her eyes before any more tears could fall.

Footsteps were quiet while she walked to the dining room. So quiet that no one saw her through the halls until her presence was seen in the room. As the wooden door opened her figure showed next to it. It took everyone by surprise, even Visenya who's eyes widened at her youngest sister the same way everyone else reacted. Aegon fastly stood from his chair, running to her, embracing the young girl. Her hands barely touched his shoulders.

" I am good, brother. " Her voice whispers. Aegon looks at her face for reassurance, getting a nod in response. She walks to the table, her brother following after her. Making sure she doesn't faint from the lack of food she consumed. Pulling her chair, she sat, the servants hurried to offer her food and water. She smiled at their kindness and worry for her, she appreciated it, even if it was their duty. Her siblings watch her every move, the whole day. In the morning, in the evening and before bed.

She seemed better, she is, truly.

" How do you feel? " Rhaenys's concerned face eyed her tired one.

" Yes, I do. Mostly. " She put her hand on her sister's shoulder. " I will visit Vermithor tomorrow. He hasn't been in the sky for some time. " She mentions her dragon.

" I will join you. " The older sister suggests, glancing at Aelora.

" Rhae, you don't have to, but if you wish. "

" I insist. " Rhaenys wraps her arm around Aelora's as the two walked around the castle. In the last time, they have been going on a lot of walks, it put them at ease. While the youngest Targaryens bonded the older two argued.

The inpatient Visenya left her brother alone on the last moon, Lord Aerion just died and the new one had to get used to his duties. Now it's been enough. The two were to be married. Visenya was already twenty one and Aegon just a year younger. They were to be married a long time before, but there was always some excuse coming from her brother.

Their father's death just happened around the time where he was getting sick of Aegon's constant rejection from becoming his sister's husband.

" This has been going on for too long. " She slammed her hands on his desk.

" I don't know what are you talking about. " His stare was on her, not harsh or mad. It was emotionless.

" Why do you reject to go by tradition. Our family's tradition has been going on since The Old Valyria. "She disturbed the walls of Aegon's office with her loud voice. He sighed, there it goes again.

" There are more matters to end before the marriage will take place. " His mind suggesting another excuse. At this point, he had no idea which one was it. The counting stopped after his seventh, not believing there was, in fact, more than triple of it.

" Are they more important to you than our family's future? " Visenya challenged him, her eyes growing darker with each sentence.

" What is it really? Will you ever stop lying and tell me the truth? "

" I am not lying. "

" You just did. " He stood up from his seat, wanting to end this conversation.

" You are not going to say anything? " No response was said by him. The disappointment was obvious in her scoff. She left, closing the door harder than they have been ever slammed.

Yes, the tradition was of brothers and sisters to marry one another. Aegon could choose from three of them, but it would only be proper to marry the oldest one. If there were no opticals Aegon would have probably been married to his older sister a long ago. He could resist it, he thought to himself. It's just marriage.

But his obstacle came in the shape of his sister Aelora.

Ah yeah, Aelora. His sweet sister of only six and ten. With her Aegon became more greedy than ever. Jealous, overly protecting, needy... She made him feel everything. From good to bad.

If it were to be known how Lord Aegon prefers Aelora over his destined bride, it may come to a scandal. Rumours will start flowing around about Visenya which would have a bad look on both her and their House. Lord Gaemon Targaryen married his oldest sister even though he could have married his youngest one. And yet even if Aegon could marry both his sisters, he didn't want either of them to feel left out. To feel like she just holds a title of no use. Visenya will surely not be his pawn. She wouldn't play a game in which there is just a loss and no chance of winning.

Still, even if that worked, he wasn't sure of Aelora. He knew she loved, but he didn't know in which way. Was it only like a brother? The oldest Targaryens were just that, siblings, if it would have been for a marriage a man and wife. They would never be more, he knew it, she did as well.

However, for Aelora he did not know. The last thing he wanted to do was to trap her in a marriage or use her for his desire and lust. The question of her love towards him haunted him. He always wanted to tell her how he feels about her, he dreamt of asking her to become his wife and be happy until their death, but he never did it.

Perhaps it was the pride of a dragon that feared to be rejected. It may have been the fear of pain that will follow after she denies him. In any case, Aegon hoped he will have a chance to get rid of the conversation of marriage. Solving the problem as quickly as possible. He will tell her, no matter the outcomes. This has been on his mind for too long.

If she rejected him he will respect her decision and marry Visenya. To his hope, she will accept his love and share hers. What will be the results of their conversation? He did not know. But he wanted to find out. He needs to know where their relationship is and will it ever be more.