Eight

Chapter Eight
---

Three are left

6 BC
According to Rhaenys, she had a good husband. How did she know so quickly? Well easily if you know how to satisfy her you know how to love her. The second daughter was the only happy Targaryen and now she will be leaving Dragonstone, her home to make one on Driftmark.

The tension calmed for her last day. She didn't spend it with her husband, but with her siblings hoping to get them together and get along for at least one day.

She talked, laughed, joked and had a time she always wanted with her siblings. When she was younger she never came closer to getting their attention, but now she is more than thrilled to have them with her.

The day was spent good, they thought. Rhaenys will be able to leave with a smile on her face.

" It seems like it's time for us to separate. " She embraced one after the other. Tiny yet not fallen tears reached the end of her eyes. Swiftly looking at the Targaryens which she will be leaving with her home.

" Ships. " Rhae took a turn to the Velaryons who patiently waited.

" I wish to leave on Meraxes, but we will hit the skies again soon. " Purple eyes of the sisters met, realizing their mornings won't be spent together. And who knows for how long.

" We will see you soon. Driftmark isn't that far from here. You may spend the time together every day if you wish to fly to one another. " Aegon reassured the two, more so Aelora, knowing how much she will miss Rhae.

" We shall do so. " They agreed, almost forgetting about the oldest one.

" Would you like to join us, Visenya? " She won't let the nickname slip out of her mouth, her sister might not take to heart in the way it's supposed to be taken.

"Sometimes, I will. " She nodded to her, getting approvals.

" Alright, now I must go. " Wave was let from her grasp, rushing into her husband's ship. The ship moved with the Velaryons and one Targaryen, turning to the seat of its house.

Meraxes ran into the skies, catching up with them. They watched the ship until it sinked into the already pink clouds. The night is about to show itself.

Aelora was in her chambers, getting ready to finish her day. Her bath was warm and relaxing, just how she liked it, making her calm letting go of all stress which held her from before.

She was facing her reflection while brushing her long hair. Silver like the necklace around her neck.

It was a gift to her great-great-grandmother Elaena Targaryen from her brother husband Aegon. A pearl on the silver. She liked how it looked on her, it fitted her. Many said so themselves. She should wear it more often. Will she?

It remended her of the time Orys and Aegon almost ruined their father's nameday. They fought with one another for some stupid reasons, but it might have been at alcohol they let in their bodies.

They promised to never fight like this again, finding a better approach next time. Now it wasn't aggressive, they both were grown men who knew how to keep their tempers, they just bickerd a lot that night.

A knock came for her wooden door. She didn't guess who it was. Aegon opened the door after she let him pass herself.

" Did I wake you? " He spotted Aelora being covered in her nightgown.

" No, I was getting ready for bed. " She fixed the small part which was wrinkled on her leg. He just hummed.

" I wanted to check on you. Since Rhae left. " He explained, keeping his eyes straight on her.

" I will be fine, as you said I can still see her almost every day. " Aelora let out a small laugh, not making a big deal out of her sister's leave.

" Now it's just the three of us. " He told, mentioning the none present Targaryen.

" Don't forget Orys. " She pointed out to their half-brother.

" I never did. " After that sentence it was silent, they watched the other, not making a move. Admiring their looks.

There was love. Strong and yet not explored. If things were as easy as they used to be they would long ago be wed. There was some door between them, invisible and unopen.

The desire to see what is on another side grew by each day, instead of doing something about it they waited for it to happen. They still haven't spoken to their sister, which has been a big problem. The only problem.

And perhaps they might have been married if they didn't feel as guilty for Visenya as they did. Confronting her will not be easy, willing or not the day will come when both will have to admit their mistakes and apologize for the treatment they gave her.

" Well, I will leave you be. " He moved away, kissing her forehead in a gentle gesture, not noticing the faint blushes on her cheeks. Her toes squeezed together, of the cold or Aegon's affectionate touch.

" Good night, Aegon. " Her hands held her shoulders, praying for the good night.

" Night, Aelora. "