Draco the protector

Start from the beginning

"The boys have told me that you went on a little… adventure last night and didn't bring us with you. What did you do?" Tracey said as she stood in front of me and towered over my slightly smaller form.

I inwardly cried at the fact I was literally the shortest person in our year. Sure, I'll be taller than most of next year's first years but I will practically be shorter than a few first years.

"I was doing… things that I can't tell you until you learn Occlumency." Tracey, Terry and Michael's eyes widened as I quickly pushed past them and stood at the door to Terry's, Michael's and my dorm room. "Now. I apologize but I must be off to see Professor Snape on personal business. Good day." I said and bolted from the Ravenclaw dorms and out of the entrance to Ravenclaw Tower. I sighed in relief before walking towards the dungeon which would take ten minutes as I'm not rushing and taking a slow walk.

"Harry!" I look over to see Hermione walking over to me with a large grin. Her frizzy, curly brown hair bouncing as she happily made her way over to me.

Fuck.

"Hello." I said as I gave a small smile. Hermione then put her hand out with a large smile.

"We met for a moment on the train and I didn't really get a chance to properly introduce myself. I'm Hermione Granger." I nodded and shook her hand before turning away from her.

"I'm terribly sorry but I can't talk at the moment. I have to talk to one of the Professors about personal matters." I spoke quickly and walked away. There was a silence before I heard her feet start running after me.

"I-I can walk you there if you want?" Hermione gave me a hopeful expression as she walked beside me down the hallways.

She was persistent. Maybe I could give her a test.

"You can't." Hermione opened her mouth when I stopped walking and turned to her fully with my hand raised in a stopping motion. I gave Hermione a small glare as I continued speaking. "You can't because I can't trust you. I know you were being paid to become friends with me. Same with Ronald Weasley." Hermione looked away with shame before tears started coming to her eyes.

Luckily there is no one in the hallways to see this.

"I-I." Hermione started before stopping. She sniffled before speaking again. "I didn't want to but…" Hermione sniffled as she held back a sob. I raised my eyebrow at this.

What could have possibly happened to make her do this?

"P-Professor Dumbledore told me that he would pay for all my years at Hogwarts, get me all the books I would ever need or want and give me a Time turner to use in Third year." I rolled my eyes slightly.

She gave into bribery.

"He said it would be unfortunate if something happened to my parents." I froze at this as Hermione let out a sob.

What?

"Are… are you telling me the truth?" I asked. Hermione looked me in the eyes with tears and nodded her head again. "I think I can help you." Hermione's eyes widened. She then dropped to her knees as she looked up at me with wide hopeful eyes.

"Y-you can?" I nodded my head and helped Hermione up before looking around. All there was, was an empty hallway of no portraits or people. All there are, are curtains that covered the windows.

"I can have your parents put in the Potter Manor. They will be looked after and watched by the House elf's and portraits. Do you accept?" I asked. Hermione nodded her head as quick as she could in agreement. Hermione then rushed over and hugged me in gratitude.