Chapter 16, Back To The Hospital // Torture

Start from the beginning

I felt dizzy
I opened my eyes slightly and felt the knife stuck into my head
Blood gushes out of my head
"Haah..haah.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" I screamed in pain as I fell on the ground getting up.

I could hear Cross laugh at me faintly
I closed my eyes

I open them again in a strange white room
I was sitting on my knees
The knife still remains in my head, blood was splattered all over me including the ground
Someone who looked like me crouched down
it was me
but I looked more smug
"What is myself doing out of myself?" I didn't understand what I said..but went with it
"Inner thoughts." They lifted my chin up "Damn you're a mess..let me take over." It said

I got flashbacks and memories of my old self months ago
it reminded of the "me" standing in front of me smiling

"Oh...it's you.." I said

"So? I still remain in your head." It said, it started to stroke my hair.

"I'll let you take over..just this once." I said
"Good!" It exclaimed

A white light flashes before my eyes.

—Cross's POV—

As I tried to start the reality over, I look back to see Mercury slowly standing up. "What the hell? You should be dead by now!" I told them and they ignored. I watch them walk closer towards me. They smiled widely and pushed me down to the ground. I tried to attack them with the knife, I slashed their fingers off as they tried to grab me.

Mercury had no reaction, They bit my arm. I could feel their sharp teeth sink into my flesh, I screamed and ended up dropping the knife. 

Mercury grabbed the knife. I watch them finish chewing on my flesh. Mercury licks their lips and swiftly came towards me.

  "YOU AREN'T MERCURY!!" I felt scared so suddenly. They didn't respond other than laugh. Mercury pointed the knife at my heart. "NOW NOW NO—" The knife went through my heart as I tried negotiating with them. Mercury takes out the knife and blood pours out of my body.

"No more forgiveness.." Mercury whispered and dropped the knife.

—Mercury's POV—

When I woke up, I could feel my dried bloody but sore head getting up. I felt a faint pain from my fingers, they were slashed off. The taste of blood in my mouth, it stained my lips.

I see Cross's body laying down on the ground already dead from the other "me"

I was desperate to destroy their body.

I grabbed the bloody knife off the ground and stabbed Cross's head to make sure they were dead
I got too obsessed that I ended up ripping their head open with my bare hands
My hands got sore
I laughed a little, not regretting of what I have done
I look at my fidgety, covered in blood hands
They were bruised due to me using the knife and my bare hands.

I lick the blood off of my fingers, "It's good." I thought.

I grabbed the knife again,

I needed to get out of here..
So I stabbed my stomach and left myself to bleed.

I could feel someone tugging my hair, I could hear their voice telling me to wake up. It was Vix. "Mercury...Arcane's missing..Lilith is freaking out.." They were shaking. "We'll hopefully find them..did you guys see anything happen with Arcane?" I got off the bed. "No..they were in Lilith's room..when Lilith went to go check on them. They were gone." Vix followed me to leave the room. "I hope they're gonna be okay.." I said. I see Lilith sitting alone on the couch with their head down. "Hey..We'll bring Arcane back.." I tugged them and they lifted their head up. "I'll trust you."