Chapter 20: Hide and Seek & Grandchildren

Start from the beginning

"Well", Max declared. "If we are going to adopt you, we need to know more about you! What's your favorite game to play?" Mason grinned widely.

"Hide-and-seek", he replied, excitement rolling off of him. Max grinned back at the boy.

"Let's play then!" Max exclaimed. "Lucas, you count!"

"Awwww!" I pouted, teasingly. "Max gave me "the glare", and I shut up instantly. Because if I didn't, I would be in major trouble. I'll say this: Max can be scary when he wants to be.

"Just to make it harder for you", Max said, waving his hand, making a light gold glow emit from him and Mason. Their scents started to weaken, and they continued to until I couldn't smell them anymore. "I've masked our scents. Now you can't use that to help you find us." His voice and face were of pure mocked innocence, because his eys held that hint of mischief that I knew was coming.

"Give us five minutes to hide", Max instructed. "Let's go Mason!" Max grabbed his hand, and teleported in a puff of white smoke.

~

A few minutes later:

Max's POV-

Mason and I were giggling madly even though we knew we needed to be quiet. We were hiding in once of the closets that stored cleaning supplies, and the suspension of Lucas finding us was so intense we couldn't help but laugh. A smell stronger than the cleaning supplies made my nose twitch, and I hurriedly shushed Mason, as it was Lucas's scent of eucalyptus mint. And it was VERY close to us! Hearing footsteps right outside the door, I grabbed Mason's small hand and teleported us to the pack house's main laundry room, just as Lucas was turning the doorknob.

~

Lucas's POV-

I was turning the corner of a hallway while trying to find Mason and Max, when I heard a lot of suppressed laughter. Knowing exactly who it was, I kept walking down the hallway, listening closely to each door I passed. A few seconded later the laughter stopped. Pausing at a supply closet, I lightly chuckled as I opened the door to it, only to stop chuckling when I was only met with remnants of swirling, white magical smoke.

"Damn", I said, knowing that Max had teleported him and Mason just in time. Lightly snickering, I continued searching for them.

~

Max's POV-

Mason and I were back to being in a fit of giggles, the thrill of Lucas almost getting us too much to handle.

"That was close!" Mason laughed in hysterics.

"Yeah it was", I replied, still laughing as well. "We need to be more careful." Mason nodded, and we both took deep breaths to calm down. After a few more small giggles, we managed to fully pull ourselves together. We waited a few minutes before deciding to move to another spot, not wanting to risk staying in one place for too long.

Taking Mason's hand, I opened the door and we quietly snuck out and crept around the giant house. As we reached, the second floor, Lucas's scent began creeping into my nostrils. And it was only getting stronger. Hearing footsteps, I glanced back to see him turn the corner at the far corner of the hall, see us, and break into a run, a playful and very mischievous look on his face.

"Run Mason!" I shrieked, and the little boy looked back, saw Lucas, and squealed. Mason took off, and I was about to teleport when I was picked up by a pair of very strong and muscular arms.

"Got you", Lucas whispered, his voice husky, sending shivers down my spine. Unfortunately, I shouldn't have let my guard down. Because as I leaned in for a kiss, Lucas started tickling my sides furiously, eventually pinning me to the floor. I couldn't stop laughing like a maniac, and small red sparks began to shoot from my hands. Lucas stopped suddenly, allowing me precious seconds to catch my breath. However, Lucas was thinking of something I wasn't.