THREE. BIG BAD WOLF

Survival

Survival. Vida had known that word since birth, fighting for air was something she knew all too well, she had done it all the time, since the moment she came out of her mother's womb Vida had to fight to survive, being small and thin was hard for a baby, diagnosed with asthma as she grew up, being different because of where she came from, seeing her family go through starvation then moving away and finding themselves at the beginning of a war, losing her family to sickness, almost dying from the lack of food and water in her body, Vida always fought to survive.

She had to survive again, it was hard to fight against the Germans who kept on putting her through hell, using her as a punching bag for their soldiers, testing her blood, and shocking her body until she couldn't stand up, but Vida never gave up, she always stood up and even dared to have her fists ready. Soldiers would call her stupid or even useless when she tried to defend herself, they would laugh at her face and throw her back to the ground, leaving her in some jail cell. Vida Richter wasn't going to give up, she couldn't.

"Wake up kid." A kick on her leg startled her, her body was weak as it kid against the humid floor of her room. "Time to train again." Vida wasn't able to move by herself, her body wouldn't let her, it needed to rest, to regain its strength even to defend itself.

Carried out of the room into another one, same brick grey wall humid by the recent thunderstorm that passed by, bright lights in each of the four corners of the room, a chair in the middle surrounded by equipment and a metal tray. Few weeks ago Vida would be screaming, kicking and even biting people, she knew what they were going to do. Shock her system until her heart either pumped fast to wake her up or throw her beating lifeless body outside, letting the wild animals eat her.

"Morning Miss Richter, glad to see you here." With the small energy left inside her, she spat to the floor near Doctor Zola's shoes. "I see, we were woken up abruptly, my apologies."

"Your apologies mean nothing to me." Her voice was hazy, she could barely make up a sentence, her brain was fighting to process words. Doctor Zola just grinned at her, his grin made her furious, if she could she would've punched his face, wipe that smile off.

"You're right Miss Vida Richter, you do not deserve our apologies, but we are here to make your life better." Another voice said out loud, from the second floor of the room a man walked out of the shadows. "Does Doctor Zola have everything ready for Miss Richter?" Coming into the light the man looked nothing different from the rest, tall, black attire, tired eyes and dark that would intimate anyone, and a skin so pale that it could compete with Vida's skin color from the lack of sun.

"What do you want from me?" Vida asked, her voice filled with hatred.

The man walked around the woman, a grin over his lips before stopping in front of her. "I need you to rescue some of the serum Doctor Erksine used on you."

"There's no more of that."

"Oh, but there is Miss Richter." He chuckled "Did you really think Doctor Erksine wouldn't do more for the Americans? An now that you are gone, that they wouldn't make to need a new soldier? You were replaceable to them, you cannot let that happen."

"He will come and take me back." Vida replied, she couldn't imagine his words being true, Doctor Erksine was nice to her, he wouldn't let it happen.

"Perhaps, but do you really think America will accept you as their hero? A woman?" The man clapped back at her, the disgust in the way he spoke made Vida's blood burn.

"I will make them accept me."

"And that's why I am here for." The man leaned in being inches close to Vida's face when he said it. "They will accept you, fear you even, Erksine will even be begging you to forgive him. You're not his only excitement Vida, I was."

"How?" Vida asked, she couldn't believe him, he could be playing with her only to gain her trust.

"Oh, that's a story for another day, but let me tell you Miss Vida, Erksine isn't someone to trust, he banished me because I wanted more, he didn't, I wanted to bring peace, he wanted nothing like that, just another soldier that the Government could control."

"What kind of peace did you want to bring?"

"Order, respect. You've seen the world outside, they don't want us, they are killing us." The man spat at the words he spoke. "They need to know that we are superior, we must not be controlled, we are here to fight for what's ours."

"And kill during the process?" Vida looked around seeing the faces of soldiers, no emotion or doubt about the words their superior was telling.

"Aren't they doing the same?" The man walked over to a metal box, uncovering it and showing a small bright glowing blue cube. "The thing Vida, is that I am ahead of them, with this, we can control everyone, and our soldiers will need to be stronger."

Vida wasn't scared, perhaps just a little bit, but she hid her emotions out of her face, not wanting to show weakness at those around her, the cube was hypnotizing, intriguing, whatever it was it felt like it was calling her.

"You might think I am some sort of big bad wolf don't you? But I'll be honest, the wolf had to do things to get what he wanted, even if it meant leaving the pigs without a home." He added as he glanced down at the woman. "Maybe this won't be something easy for you to do Miss Richter, but we don't need you, we need her."The man walked over to her whispering the words into her ear.

He leaned back nodding at the soldier who held her, a sharp pain hit the neck of Vida, the needle that they had placed too many times in her body was a familiar sensation, the burning in her body, the ache of scratching her skin off.

"Your mission White Dove is easy, take back the serum, kill Doctor Erksine, come back." The man walked away only to see the body of Vida gain the energy she needed, the words to activate White Dove were recited in unison.

Longing. Rusted. Seventeen. Orquestra. Locker. Five.

The woman stood up, her bone cracking as the strength in her body came back, her eyes set on her superior. A fellow soldier nudged his head up indicating to the White Dove she had to walk away from the room, doing so without a word, she walked out, following the soldiers in front of her back into her room and change into the uniform.

A gun was placed on her hands, she made sure bullets were placed inside and the safety was turned on, set on the velcro pocket placed around her leg. Following the soldiers outside and into a helicopter, everyone gathered in their seats, destination, New York.

White Dove was ready, she knew what she had to do, no matter what.

authors note.
do we hate this? sort of. but next chapter we are finally getting into Captain america the first soldier! which means White Dove will meet Steve Rogers, and be ready, it will be chaotic.