Chapter 6

Blood, F slur, and Homophobia Warning for this Chapter❗❗

✨3rd Person POV✨

Dave and Jack talked for a short while as they waited for customers to start rolling in, which usually didnt take long considering how many parents loved to blow all their money on shitty toys and trinkets for their children. Dave caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of his eye, and turned his head away from Jack to the front of the counter, where a small child was holding themself up on their tip toes with their hands on the counter, and poking their eyes over the top to look at the two colourful men. Jack turned towards the short child as well, before smiling and waving at them.

"Hello there!"
Jack glanced around before bringing his eyes back to the child.

"Is your parent with you?"
Jack questioned.

The little child hesitated, before shaking their head in response. Dave looked at Jack and raised his eyebrows, a smirk creeping across his face. Jack bumped him in the side with his elbow,

"I would prefer it if i didnt get fired today."
Jack hissed quietly.

Dave stepped back and put his hands up in front of him, nodding before turning his attention back to the small child. They both sat and stared at the child, unaware of what to do. They couldnt sell the child anything unless they had a parent with them, the child looked over at Dave before pointing and asking,

"Are you a girl?"

dave pointed at himself, and shook his head frantically.

"Nope, definitely not. Er- why do you ask?"
Dave said awkwardly.

The child looked over at Jack, and then back at Dave again.

"Because only GIRLS can kiss boys."
The child exclaimed.

Dave and Jack were taken aback, they looked at each other frantically, the pair were getting redder by the second. They turned back to the child and Jack spoke,

"Well- uh.. Boys can kiss boys too-"
Jack stuttered.

Dave nodded,

"Mhm, uhh same with girls too."
Dave said quickly.

The child looked at them in confusion, before snorting angrily and wrinkling his nose.

"But thats not what Mommy says."
the child protested.

Dave winced as the child stuck his tongue out in disgust before running off back into the main area of the pizzeria, Exiting the two men's sight. Dave and Jack looked at where the child had gone, before Jack spoke.

"Yeesh, why do i feel like we are in trouble."
Jack said quietly.

Dave looked at Jack and shrugged, Jack looked at Dave and let out a short laugh. He looked away back into the crowd of kids, the loud annoying atmosphere was somewhat more bearable when Dave was with him. Dave bit his lip nervously and looked down at the counter, before looking back up at Jack and standing up straight.

"Do you want something to drink?"
Dave asked.

Jack blinked, snapping out of his daze and looked back at Dave,

"pardon?"
Jack said.

Dave gestured a drinking motion with his hands.

"Oh, uh.. yeah sure."
Jack replied.

Dave nodded and walked out from behind the counter, and towards the saferoom, leaving Jack alone at the prize counter. Jack looked back at the crowd and noticed a figure approaching him, he stood up straight and looked at them. As the figure got closer, Jack noticed how angry they seemed. They were walking with heavy steps, with their arms swinging at their sides. Jack stepped back from the counter as the woman got closer, when she had reached the counter she stood with her hands on her hips.