Chapter:31

Perspective of Gon

    Those words. The question so similar as to when I wanted to become a hunter. Sister or lover. Even I'm not sure what choice Killua will make. I want to rush in but he's got Alluka by the throat. If she's not already dead he can pop her head off like a soda cap.

   "You can make the choice yourself Gon." He says startling me. "Initially I have been planning to kill you. I've been over planning. But now I see, she is all the leverage I need. Wouldn't it be for the best if you left? You know in your heart, that deep inside Killua, he hasn't fully forgiven you."

   "You can't prove that! How would you know if he has or not?"

   "Weren't you listening earlier? There is no such thing as true forgiveness. One might say it's water under the bridge. But in reality water erodes the bridge. Causing damage for it to crumble and be swept away. If you go fishing and hook one, but release it after. Do you think it will forgive you? You are the reason it's life was in danger. You are the reason it's scarred now."

  He once again has me speechless. I don't want to listen to his manipulation, but when I hear it for myself. When I hear it, it's like truth coming out and slapping you.

   "Yes I know that look on your face. That's the face of realization. Think about it Gon, but we stand in this moment now. This is a moment that will haunt my baby brother for the rest of his days. All because he met you. All because fate decided you were in the same hotel at the same time. It had drawn you together. But not for the better. Fate is cruel. Nobody truly gets a happy end."

   "Shut up." Killua finally says coming out of his daze. His voice is quiet. There is no rage. But the cold ominous chill I feel standing next to him. As if death himself appeared, scythe in hand.

   "Illumi. You want to talk about scars? Take one look at my body. I've told myself every scar has a story. But when I sit here I realize something myself. Most of this damage. Emotional. Physical. It is you."

   I turn and look at Killua and feel the chills grow. The dazzling light in his blue eyes is gone. They are dark. A shade of blue darker than the night itself.

   "I won't let you take more from me anymore Illumi. This place that you have called her room, is about to be your tomb."

  Illumi almost seems stunned at these words. His grip tightening on her throat. My body refuses to move. I feel as though I do, I will be dead in a instant.

   "Kil, you feel these emotions because you spent so much time with him. Myself and father raised you to be cold and emotionless. You feel pain and sorrow because you spent time with him. Don't you see it's his fault?"

   "For what? Saving me from being the mindless zombie of a slave you wanted me to be?"

   Both fall quiet. I shift my foot forward an inch and Illumi is immediately staring daggers at me. If he wanted her dead he most certainly would have already done it. His stare tells me all I need to know.

     "If you move boy, her life will be on your hands. Giving Kil another reason to regret knowing you. Do you really want that? You should continue to heed my advice and just leave here."

  Killua puts his arm up in front of me. "He's staying." He says firmly.

  "Oh? Are you really going to choose Gon over your sister? I'm not sure if I should be disappointed in you turning away your most beloved member of the family. Or proud of you holding to your ground."

  "I never said anything about turning away from her. She will be coming with us just as intended."

   "I won't give you the opportunity to get her. So how do you plan on doing that?"

  "If there was anything you and dad taught me. It was patience is key, and to pick my battles. While you have been focused on me, you never realized how fucked you really are."

   In that same moment a dozen cards fly past us slamming into Illumis arms. His grip lost on Alluka. Before I realized what I was doing, I've propelled myself forward aiming to catch her. Next to me Killua was glowing with electricity with hands clawed and aimed for his brothers throat.

In that flash of a moment, I see a hint of fear in the mans eyes. His drive and obsession of having Killua back blinded him. Obsession is the greatest limiter. Emotions are more blinding than the sun in your eyes.

I don't see how the events unfold next as I catch Alluka and dash behind the wall. But I hear the crash and grinding of metal as Killua and Illumi smash into the protective door. Hisoka is standing at corner watching attentively.

"I was prepared to kill him myself. But I think I'll let Killua have this. I hope you will remind him he owes me one." He says holding his joker card.

"What the hell happened? I saw you two fighting not long ago outside. How did he get here? I figured he killed you."

"Oh Gon, you know it'll take more than him to put me down. No, your friends are responsible for what happened. They tried to help with their own form of an ambush. Instead I get a lizard thrown at me and he runs off."

"We are gonna return to what happened later." I say questioning a thrown lizard. "Can't say I'm not a little surprised you turned on him."

"He went against his word. And I always protect my Assets~." He says with a grin.

Ignoring him I look back around the corner to see Killua holding Illumi by the throat. His arms pinned down.

  "I will not be your slave. And you are not my brother." He hisses. "I told you this place will be your tomb."