Chapter:29

Perspective of Hisoka

  My cards fly into the pins. Just moments before they can reach Gon. "Illumi. Didn't I tell you not to harm Gon?"

   "I told you Hisoka if he was in my way, I would get rid of him by any means."

    "And I gave you a warning of my own didn't I? Something about me you should know, Illumi. I do keep my promises." I throw another card as a warning, the card cutting off more hair. Leaving him looking like he has a poorly done bowl cut.

   "You will die if you fight me Hisoka." He says unfazed. He looks towards Gon who looks towards me in confusion. "Canary, be a dear and take Gon to his lover~. I have some split ends to take care of."

   She frowns at me in disgust but grabs Gon and hauls him away swiftly towards the manor. The silence soon falls between me and Illumi. The wind rustles in the trees. The loose hair from Illumi blowing away with it.

"Would you care for a final dance Illumi?"

He stares silently. The bloodlust continuing to seep out like a torrent. It's pure ecstasy flowing over my body! A level of arousal I haven't felt for a long time. He steps forward an inch, and I lunge cards ready.

"I will miss our time together once your gone Illumi, but you must learn never to pick fruit that isn't ripe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Perspective of Killua

   "Well, now things have become more messy." Grandpa Zeno says to me as we watch what unfolds on the screen. Hisoka clashing against Illumi.

  "I'm just relieved Gon didn't try to throw a punch. But what could Illumi have said to make him freeze like that?"

  "You know your brother Killua, he's manipulative. One of his best attributes is the ability to use just words and cause his opponents to falter."

   My heart is pounding in my chest. If Hisoka wasn't here Gon would be dead. The thought turns my stomach. "Open up the door to Alluka. I need to get her and Gon out of here now."

  Milluki shrugs and taps a button. "He's probably still out cold from the seeping gas."

"SHE, and you better hope you didn't put too much in there and kill her. If you have I will feed you your own heart piggy." I say through grit teeth. It annoys me to no end that he still misgenders her. "She is our sister. Get it through your fat head." I turn and leave the room before he can say anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                         Perspective of Gon.

   "Gon snap out of it!" Canary yells as she drags me towards the house. It sounds like she's miles away though. Is Illumi speaking truth? Is Killua really able to forgive me? I try to push away these seeds he planted, but their roots have grown deep.

  "Damn it Gon!" She slaps me hard snapping me from my thoughts. "Wake up! If you want to help Killua, start by keeping yourself alive!"

   I nod. "Right...focus." I pull myself from her grip and slap myself again before following her. These issues can be solved later. "Do you know where Killua is?"

  "Somewhat. He's down in the family dungeon somewhere. That's where Hisoka took him."

   "What about Alluka? Have your seen her?"

  She nods. "Yes. Illumi took her straight to the cell they turned her room into. She should be safe."

  I look back and see Illumi and Hisoka in their clash. "He looks weird with short hair." Is the first thought in my mind. "They seem almost evenly matched. I hope so at least. If Hisoka can't hold off Illumi, we won't get out of here."

  She leads me into the house and down into the dungeons. "Killua! Are you here?!" I shout before she covers my mouth shushing me.

  "Keep quiet. If I heard the conversation right from before, Master Zeno wants you and Killua together. But if the rest of the family finds out you are here too. Well very few outsiders have gotten here and lived. You and your friends being the few."

  "But then how do we find Killua?" I look along the corridor and it all looks the same.

  "If we get to Millukis room, the surveillance cameras should be able to tell us. Problem is, he doesn't go out much. They use him to monitor everything."

   She points to a door farther away. "That should be it. Keep quiet." I nod and try to keep low against the wall. She strolls up and is about to knock when a voice comes out.

"Canary, Gon, we know you are out there. You should know better than to try and sneak up on us. Surveillance or not." The voice seemed to belong to an older man.

"Apologies Master Zeno. May we come in?" Canary asks seemingly trying to improvise.

"Don't bother. Killua isn't in here. Go down the hall towards Allukas room. If you are fast you should catch up to him."

"Yes sir. Thank you sir." She bows at the door and waves towards me. "Let's go!"

We take off in a dead sprint. My muscles relax knowing that Killua isn't being held captive by his family. Well, not his grandfather at least.

  It doesn't take long before I see a glimpse of Killua. Turning past a corner out of view. "KILLUA! WAIT!"

  Canary tries to stop me again but to little success as I sprint past her. Rounding the corner I slam into his back. "Owww." But he doesn't even flinch. Not a word escapes his lips. Like he's frozen. "Killua? You ok?"

Rounding to his side his eyes are locked in front. I follow his gaze and feel my heart stop. Standing just down the hall is Illumi. Standing just down the hall. A single hand wrapped around allukas throat, holding her above the ground.

"No...that's impossible!"

Illumi says nothing, his gaze locked with Killua. Alluka swaying helplessly in his grasp. Her usual bright sunny face, now cold and blank.

   "The age old question is finally on your shoulders Killua." Illumi speaks. His tone neutral but the malice remains. "Standing next to you is the one you love. And in my hand, the sister you care deeply for. Which will it be?"