t w o

HE SAID BOY-FRIEND

"I'm going to do it." I said decidedly as I paced up and down the hallway.

"Do it then." Ennoshita mused, watching me.

"But I can't, Chikara." I whined, coming to a stop in front of the window he was leaning on. I looked down at the empty ground sadly. "I've known him for so long. He probably thinks I'm like his younger sister or something."

"Aki." Ennoshita frowned, folding his arms in front of his chest, "You're literally only one year younger than Daichi."

"The key word being 'younger', Chika." I whined, slumping over the window.

I felt him grab my shoulders before I came into a clear view of his face. "We've been on the line of separation between the first and second year section all break. Make up your mind."

I sighed, resting my head against his shoulders. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm like this."

"It's okay." the raven-haired boy patted my head sympathetically.

"Akio? What are you doing here?" a familiar voice called and I almost yelped, looking up.

"A-Asahi-san!" I gulped. His face was blank, and his head tilted a little to the side, watching Ennoshita closely. "Hello. I uh... Chikara and I decided to take a walk around the hallways just for fun." I struggled to make an excuse.

He nodded silently, taking in my response. And, as if a switch had been turned on, he grinned, walking closer. "Well, you should both head back now. Lunch is about to end soon." Asahi reached out and ruffled the top of my head.

"R-right. S-sorry." I squeaked, my eyes staring at the floor as my cheeks ran red at the unexpected contact.

"There's nothing to be sorry about." Asahi laughed lightly. "Daichi would kill me if he knew I let his sister miss classes with her boyfriend."

I nodded uneasily, hardly taking in his response as I grabbed Ennoshita's sleeve. "O...kay. Bye then, Asahi-san."

"Bye, Akio." he waved confidently. "Bye, Ennoshita. See you at practice."

Once we were a safe distance out of sight of the second-year, Ennoshita turned to me sternly. "You're kidding right?"

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Obviously he hasn't made a move you dumbass." he flicked my forehead. "He thinks we're a couple."

I blinked at him before laughing. "We? A couple? When did he say that?"

"He called me your boyfriend, didn't he?"

"Yes. He called you my boy-friend, Chika. Isn't that what you are?" I asked, entering the classroom.

The boy stopped short, contemplating my response. "Hard to say. He could've meant either."

"Trust me, he said boy friend." I answered, sitting down on my seat as he took the one next to me. "He knows Daichi would tell him if I started dating someone."

"If you say so..." he trailed off. "So are you telling him or not?"

"Not yet."

"You know, he's different with you than he is with literally any other girl." Ennoshita retorted and I turned to him, puzzled.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, granted I've only started playing with him for about five months now, but every time he talks to a girl, he's a nervous mess. Worse than how you are around him." he stated thoughtfully, pulling out his notebook.