The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

3rd Pov

The satellite tracks Sgt. "Viper" MacTavish is somewhere in the Pacific south of Hawaii, where Task Force 141 is in a sub with General Shepherd.

Soap: Seems we're headed the wrong direction, Sir. Shouldn't we be coming back to the fight?

Shepherd: Plenty of fight to go around, MacTavish. Glad you made it out of South America. You're meeting up with the 6th Fleet. Leadin' the counter-strike.

The satellite traces an individual known as Prisoner #627 incarcerated in a Russian Gulag near Petropavlovsk, Russia.

Shepherd: Prisoner 627. We believe that's who Makarov's got the mad-on for. But we can't get to him.

The satellite detects four oil rigs off the Russian east coast and locates the easternmost rig, analyzing SAM sites all around the rig and oil workers held hostage by the Russians.

Soap: Oilrigs, sir?

Shepherd: Russians are using them as SAM sites. Oil workers are human shields so we can't just blow up the rigs wholesale. And this one is the least defended. Boys, I know I'm sending you into the meat grinder in this one...

Soap: They're defending it, so it means we want it. Especially if it gets us to Six-Two-Seven.

The satellite locates the U.S.S. Chicago submarine below the oil rig.

[Day 5 - 05:48:43]

[(Y/n) "Viper" MacTavish]

[Task Force 141]

[Vikhorevka 36 Oil Platform, Russia]

The guy in front signals as TF141 members and Navy SEALs begin to surface. Soap and I reach the surface. We see two guards on the platform who are talking to each other.

Guard 1: Хватит курить эту дрянь. Лёгкие посадишь. (You smoke too much. Your lungs are gonna go bad.)

Guard 2: Отвали. (Fuck off.)

Guard 1: Чёрт, поделись хоть! (Damn it, share it though!)

Guard 2: Хватит ныть, а? (Enough whining, eh?)

Guard 1: Эх, ненавижу морской воздух... (Oh, I hate the sea air...)

Soap: We'll take them both out... on your go.

I nodded and told him to go ahead. Soap snatched the guard in front of him, while I snatched the other guard and dragged him underwater, stabbing his throat. I swam up to the platform and the SEALs pulled me out.

Soap: Two hostiles down in section One-Alpha. Moving up to section Two.

Sub Commander: Roger that, Hotel Six.

Soap: Keep it tight people. 

(Y/n): Got it.

As we moved, we spot an enemy leaning on the rail while taking a smoke.

Ghost: Got a visual by the railing.

Soap: Free to engage. Suppressed weapons only.

I shoot his head as his body falls into the water.

Ghost: We're clear.

Sub Commander: Civilian hostages at your position, watch your fire.

Soap: Roger that. Team One moving to breach.