Silas sighed and his gaze stayed on her worried eyes, "I know." He couldn't help but admire her strength in a situation that she was thrown into.

"Do..does my mother and sister know I'm here?"

Silas broke out of his trance and shook his head, biting his lip. "I do not know. When I told the guards to give a letter that I had written about the situation, they told me that no one was home."

"What?" Emmeline spoke in shock. 'Where could they have gone?'

"I had people tracking them down but the last they were seen going through the trail, to which place, I do not know." The trail that Silas and the maids had taken to Aquatico split into three trails.

Emmeline stepped back in disbelief, what if something happened to them? She thought.

"I promise, I will find them. Emmel-"

Silas was interrupted by a guard, "Your highness, King Elias has arrived."

After the statement was said, Silas turned to Emmeline, "I have to go. Get as much rest as possible."

Emmeline returned to her previous position with her fingers wrapped around a metal bar of prison bars. Silas put his hand on hers and whispered softly, "I love you, I will not rest until you are ruling by my side."

She looked at the hand that held hers then her gaze turned to his silver-blueish eyes that showed nothing but love and determination. "I love you."

Regretfully, Silas slowly took his hand away, indicating his leave to which Emmeline bowed as she was in front of guards. Before Silas could see the bow, he turned away knowing it would anger him to see his Emmeline in that position. He left after she finished her bow.

This made her sigh and her mind still raced with the thought of Esmeralda and her mother's disappearance.

--------------------

"Esme, please hurry, we do not have all the time in the world."

Esme's mother walked quickly through the city of Acquatico, though it was not as busy as Energia city and its surrounding villages.

"Ma, you have barely spoken since we left and you have gotten a burst of energy from nowhere, why are we here when we should be visiting Emmeline? As cruel as it sounds, these may be her last days before trial."

Esme's mother turned to her, "I know, I know but there is someone that can help us, that is why we are here."

"Who, ma?" Esme whined, fearing for her sister as well as her mother's sanity.

Her mother didn't answer as they had arrived at the gates of the palace of Acquatico. Before entrance was given to them, the gates opened showing a royal carriage leaving, to which both mother and daughter bowed as a sign of respect.

The carriage stopped abruptly and King Elias stepped out and gazed at the familiar face.

"Alice?" He whispered out of shock. "You're...here?"

"Hello, Elias. I'm glad to see you again."
Elias' gaze never wandered from Esme's mother, Alice.

"You are just as beautiful as the day we met."

Alice had the same light brown hair as Esmeralda, her features were doll-like and her eyes were a very light brown that Esme had also inherited. Her facial features sagged slightly from stress, illness and ageing.

She could stop herself from admiring Elias, his dark brown hair was still full and had slight grey hairs making its appearance. Bags were under his dark brown eyes that Emmeline had gotten from him. Most would say that he and Esme looked more alike than him and Emmeline.

Esme looked at King Elias then her mother in confusion but ultimately her unbothered facial expression took over and he interrupted the moment, "Emmeline is still in trouble, Ma."

"Yes," Alice broke eye contact with the King then asked, "Elias, I need your help. It's Emmeline."

Elias nodded and helped both women with their cases by putting them in the carriage, "I am making my way to Energia, get in."

They began their journey in the carriage and it had been silent for a few moments before Elias introduced himself to Esme, who was looking out of a window looking a the passing scenery.

"I'm Elias,"

Esme said bluntly, "I know but I have no clue why a King would help people he doesn't know."

"I'm...you and Emmeline are my daughters." He revealed looking at Alice, who had tears in her eyes full of regret.

"Oh, so you were the father that was never there? Hello, how are you?" Esme spoke with fake enthusiasm.

"I regret not watching you grow up but as much as I would like to take full blame, I cannot. But that is something you and your mother need to discuss."

"What? Ma, what is he talking about?" Esme turned to Alice.

"I'm sorry," She cried hysterically, "I am so sorry to both of you."

"Ma, stop going around in a circle and get straight to the point." Esme said in confusion and frustration.

"I ran. I ran away because I thought that he would marry someone else and move on from me. I did not tell him where I was going. He had no idea where we were. I'm sorry." Tears continued to trail down her face.

Elias spoke as he looked deep in thought, "Emmeline came to visit the palace as a maid of Silas'. As soon as I set eyes on her, I knew she was my daughter because she looked just like you, Alice." He chuckled a little before licking his lips, "I even remember that when she was born, she had darker hair than me."

"I'm sorry, Elias."

"But you Esmeralda, I never saw you after you were born. After the day you were born, you, Emmeline and your mother disappeared without a trace. If I had known..." Tears built in hiss eyes as he looked over at a hurt Esme, who was also tearing up. "If I had known you were in the next city, I would have come and gotten you all."

He paused and the carriage filled with sobs from Alice.

"Alice, I am also sorry. I'm sorry that you felt you could not trust me enough to voice your doubts and concerns. Truth be told, at first I was annoyed and worried when you ran but after days passed, I forgave you because I am still in love with you."

Alice's sob subsided and Esme looked over at her almost questioningly as if to ask 'do you love him, ma?'

"I never stopped loving you Elias. Everything I did was for the protection and security of my daughters."

"I know, Alice." Elias gave a genuine tight lipped smile.

"Esme? Do you think you could ever forgive me?"

"Although, I won't ever understand why you did what you did, there is no point in dwelling on something that cannot be changed. I will need time to adjust to this truth but... Ma, you know I am not good at holding grudges." Esme smiled with her lips together.

"Let's focus on getting Emmeline out of the predicament. Then afterwards we can talk about this situation properly." Elias suggested.

Both Alice and Esme nodded as they began to enter Energia.

——————————————————-
A/N

Hi, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Just writing the last few chapters now. I can't wait till you guys read it, i'm so excited.

~Peitho