*22*

A man and a woman run in and start to shoot at my mom and her gang. They leave without me and I take the chains off. "Thank you." I say and they look at me with horror which makes me stop. "I don't want you anywhere near my children." She says. "Did I do something wrong?" "Yes, you are the most feared person alive. You hurt my daughters." She says and comes closer. "Mom, it's okay." Yelena says and gets between us. "No, she is right. I did horrible stuff." Yelena turns to me. "Then show them what you showed us." "No thank you. I have enough pity and I am sure it's gone now too." "It isn't." Peggy says. Nat stands up too and walks to us. "Y/n only did it to satisfy her mother." "Not even. I just gave up. I totally broke at the second day." I say and look at my hands. "How can we know if you don't talk about it?" Yelena says. "I feel shame about what I did. I never killed anyone until they made me. It was a little girl. She was the child of my best friend." "I don't need your pity story." "Exactly. Nobody wants to know what happened." "I do." Dad says. "Just because I was being distant." I say. Nat comes closer to me and drags me to her parents. "Don't you see how much she looks like Madame B?" She asks while lifting my chin. "She can't be related to her. Look at how she is standing." The man says. I fall down and get a massive headache. "YOU DON'T DESERVE THIS!! LEAVE THEM!!" A voice in my head yells. "Not again." I whisper. "What? What is happening?" Nat asks. "It's not safe. The voice is back." "What voice?" "Y/n, don't listen to it." Peggy says and comes closer. "KILL HER BEFORE YOU DIE!!" "No, I won't kill. Stop yelling." "KILL.....KILL......KILL......KILL.....KILL...." The voice says. I take my belt off and grab a chain. I tie them together. Everyone looks confused as I start to hum to drawn the voice out. I tie the chain to the heater and the belt around my hands. Peggy goes to untie me. "Don't do that. Please." "You don't have to tie yourself up." "I do if I want to keep everyone save." "So, it's a voice and not you?" The woman asks. "Yes, last time I just needed one sentence." "What sentence?" Dad asks. "It told me that I didn't deserve love." "Was that the reason you pushed me away?" "Kind of. I mean I did kill multiple people. I can't keep up with it." I start to get pain in my head. "Peggy, it's something in my head." I say and look at her. "What?" "They put something in my head. That is making me hear things. Can you take it out? Please?" "Y/n, I don't enjoy hurting you." "The pain will disappear but the voice won't. Please. I can take it." "I will do it." Nat says and grabs a knife. "Thank you." She moves me a little and starts to touch my neck and the back of my head. "This will hurt." "I know." She pushes the knife in and gets it out. "They were tracking you too." She says. Peggy unties me. "What is the last thing you remember?" I pull Peggy in a kiss. "Ew. Mom and mam it's gross." Sharon says. Peggy pulls back. "Y/n, seriously. What do you remember?" "Everything, can we go back to my apartment?" "They know where you live." "Lived. They know that I never go back to a place." "Is there something you need?" Peggy asks. "You gave me money and it's still there." I say. She kisses me. "That was nothing. I got millions more." She says and kisses me again. The kids leave. Agatha walks in with the woman and man. "Y/n, come here before we kill them." We pull away and I see the kids being hold by them. "Don't." Peggy says. "They are kids. I have to." I kiss her again. "Goodbye." I say and walk to them. The woman ties my hands together. "Walk." She says and they let the kids go. Sharon hugs me. "Don't leave mom." I kneel down. "I will always be with you. Right here. Only the pretty parts." I say and she starts to cry. "Hey, look at me." She looks at me. "You will be alright." I say. She lets go and I walk with the others. "This won't hold." I say as I inspect the ties. "What?" The woman asks. I take the rope off and the man hits me with the gun. I turn to him and he looks scared. Someone grabs my waist and I know it's Antonia. "Come, calm down." She says as she pulls me closer. I don't fight it. "I want to show you something." She says and slowly releases me. "I am not coming." I say and turn to her. "You will want to see it." She says. I start to run away. They run after me and I run faster. The woman tackles me to the ground and I fight them. I hear gunshots and they fall down one by one. I lay on the ground waiting for the next bullet. "Come, we gotta leave." A man says. It's the father of Nat and Yelena. I get up. We get in the cars and Peggy holds my hand. "Don't run away. Please." "I can't do that. You know I would do anything for you and our friends." "You need to stop doing that." "I can't let them die. I never could." "Put this on." She says and gives me a blindfold. "Why?" "Just do it." She says. I put it on and she places something else over my head. Everyone stops talking. I feel chains go over my body. Someone puts a hand over my mouth. I stay calm as someone moves my pants around my left leg and puts something around it. The hand is being pulled back.