𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞- 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

Start from the beginning

"I really love how you never take breaks from attacking me even during work." Cory looked over to his almost sister-in-law placing his hand over his heart with a sarcastic grin knowing that girl never stopped from insulting him.

"Taking a break would imply this is work and Cor if I'm honest this isn't work this is full joy and I like to thank you for making it easy to do this all the time." Isabella turned to the Matthews man mimicking his actions though her smile was genuinely filled with joy as she moved over to stand beside him.

"Gosh, holidays with you are going to be exciting." Cory sighed knowing during the holidays with Isabella married in the family would only be filled with insults for him considering Eric would gladly join Isabella to do so.

"As if you haven't experienced that all these years." Isabella shrugged her shoulders pointing out how she has spent several holidays with the Matthews family and she's always been the same.

Cory dropped his head knowing the girl was right though what was he going to do about it there's no way to stop that but he was secretly fine with that because it always felt like arguing with his sister.

"Continue on as if whatever happened this past five minutes didn't happen." Isabella turned to the younger teenagers knowing that Cory had no way to continue the debate at the moment.

"How can you possibly lose?" Maya smiled over to her best friend doing exactly what her sister said along with taking her advice which is why she turned over to Farkle with the same smile. "Take it honey."

"First of all, let's understand that day and night are merely words invented by human beings to communicate simple conceptual constructs apropos of nothing. Science tells us that the sun is always shining and what appears to be day and night is merely our angle of proximity at a particular time to the Earth's revolution." Farkle grinned over to Maya before he went forth with his statement trying his best to stay professional as his opponent, who happens to be one of his closest friends, started to do some odd movements.

"Is your daughter okay?" Isabella leaned over to Cory whispering over to him considering everyone in the class was watching what Riley was doing but if Cory was honest he had no explanation for anything she was doing.

"And, for extra credit, there's no such thing as time." Farkle finished up his statement with a smile but that exact moment he did Riley called out time not knowing why he had to go through that long explanation. "Our debate topic therefore, is false. The sun does not just shine during the day, it also shines during the night, just not on us."

Maya and Lucas looked between the two knowing who won that debate, they all did, they were just worried of the reaction that Riley would have once she realizes who won.

"I win."

"How do you win?" Cory questioned his daughter not understanding why she just stated that as he shared a look with Isabella considering the two had an idea on how this would continue on.

"Because I have high hopes. Because when you believe passionately-" Riley tried to explain herself taking her time with it as well pointing out when you have hope that pushes you far.

"And our debate winner is Farkle Minkus!" Cory stopped his daughter from continuing on with her reasoning before he announced the winner, having the class applaud the Minkus teenager.

"I don't understand. I said what I believed. How could that be wrong?" Riley furrowed her eyebrows with pure confusion not understanding how she could have possibly been wrong it didn't make sense to her.

"There's no wrong, Riley. But there are rules to a debate." Cory pointed over to his daughter as he walked up to the stands revealing how with the debates there isn't a right or wrong.