Chapter Four

The sheep noticed the tension in the room, looking between the two of you he quietly excused himself to Louis before shutting the door behind him. However you and Louis stared at one another in pure disbelief, he was still standing at the desk and you were only a few inches from the door. You took in a deep breath as you saw Louis moving from behind the desk and taking quite steps over to you the. he stood in front of you. Averting your eyes from his gaze you thought to yourself it really would have been better if you just went home, you didn't know what he thought about you now. He probably thought you were a coward for turning the Shishigumi over to Melon because you didn't see yourself fit for the job anymore. For the few seconds he stood there you felt like you could have written a page worth of notes on your own thoughts. Your mind was running wild as your eyes stared at the floor not wanting to look at the wide eyed deer before you, thankfully your thoughts were put on hold as you felt a gently touch on the side of your face, Louis urging you to look at him.

"You're alive?" Louis asked in disbelief his voice partly breaking, he took comfort in the fact that you laid your hand on top of his.

You looked at him now, finally gathering the courage even though the question puzzled you greatly. Once you saw the way he was looking at you, you knew that he would never ever have thought of you to be a coward or weak. "I should be asking you the same thing." With a gentle smile on your face now you felt a warm tear fall down your cheek, you hadn't even realized you were starting to tear up. For those few seconds the two of you could only look at one another noticing the small things that have changed between the two of you and the way you two held each other so intimately, as if nothing had changed.

Louis brought you into a tight hug breathing in your scent as he blinked away the glossy-ness in his eyes, the two stayed like that as they were tightly hugging one another and every memory of the time they had shared together came rolling back into their minds. Louis was the first to pull back from the hug and was now cupping her face again as much as he missed her he needed answers to everything in hopes she would understand. "They told me you were dead." Were the first words that left Louis mouth, he watched as her facial expression changed from longing to confused. Even now he could still tell that something wasn't right.

You looked at him puzzled, "Who did?"

~

Melon had gone by her house later that day, he was a bit confused as he noticed that her car wasn't parked outside he could only assume she left but it was strange due to the fact that he had made plans with her alter that night. Melon sighed as he unlocked the door to her apartment, he took a seat on the only couch in her house at the moment patiently waiting for a reply after he texted her. After ten minutes or so, he found himself getting worried she normally replied quickly especially if he was texting her. Now, he wasn't necessarily worried about her but who she may be talking to the last thing he needed was her turning on him to especially when he finally found himself starting to enjoy her company.

But whenever he was curious about her or needed to know where she was, he always had the lion for the job. That lion didn't work with the Shishigumi, but he did work for Melon. After waiting for ten more minutes hoping for a reply from her, Melon decided to call the lion. "Just find out where she is." he told the lion on the other end not letting him get a word in, "Call me when you know. Don't bother her, don't even look at her." That was all he had to say before hanging up he didn't care to clarify more than what he had already, the lion already had her license plate and had done this for him multiple time. If Melon wanted to make this easier for himself he would have put a tracker in her car, what pushed him away from the idea was that maybe she'd find it. Besides, for the amount of times he's sent someone out to look for her she's never noticed either that or she never brought it up which was unlikely, he knew well enough by now that she wasn't scared of him. She knew to much about him to fear him.