26. Without a Doubt 💚

Start from the beginning

As he stands up with murderous eyes the nurse quickly sets the supplies down and exits the room in a hurry as she closes the door quickly and leans against it with fear.

Kirishima and Denki look up from a magazine they were looking at to meet a familiar sight of a frightened or insulted medical staff with panicked eyes.

As she takes a deep breath and clears her throat she nods at the pair before she hurried off.

They watch her leave as Sero chuckles lightly beside them now.

" What's that like the fourth one this week?"

Kirishima shakes his head with a slight smile.

" Fifth bro, fifth"

They are exchange looks and chuckle at their overprotective, angry friend behind the door.

Behind that door Katsuki lovingly, carefully washes Izuku down, changes his hospital clothes, shaves him and tames green locks with expert hands. He wouldn't have it any other way, he won't allow it any other way and that's fucking final.

He's at the greenett's side again. Scarred hand in an iron tight grip when the door once again opens and in walk familiar tired raven eyes. A sight Katsuki was use to seeing along with All Mights and the ones of two worried mothers.

Aizawa steps up to the bed in silence as he looks down at the greenett who would always be his favorite problem child.

He sighs, raven eyes traveling to an exhausted looking blonde hero.

Katsuki doesn't meet his gaze as he speaks.

" Don't even fucking say it. If you start agreeing with those bitch doctors you can get the fuck out too. I'm in no mood to hear that shit"

Aizawa raises a brow at problem child number two while crimson eyes finally meet raven ones.

The silence and death gaze of his old teacher and now boss make the blonde click his tongue backing down only slightly mostly because he can hear Izuku scolding him in his head about being disrespectful to their teacher.

" I'm sorry, I'm just fucking..."

He doesn't get to finish.

" Tired, worried, hurting. I'm aware Bakugo, it's understandable, but you never heard me say that I was agreeing with anything. Even tho I was Midoriya's teacher over the years it was he who taught me a thing or two. I know what he's made of and so do you. I also know how he feels about you, how you feel about each other, that alone is a whole 'nother level of strength. I believe Midoriya will make his way back, I'm just not sure when."

Katsuki nods, feeling tears burn. He doesn't know when either and that's the part that's killing him.

Aizawa stayed for awhile, some of it in quiet solace a reminder that Katsuki wasn't alone in his constant vigil. Sometimes he spoke to his former student about other things, like cases the blonde had had while he was away, fighting styles, things he knew Katsuki enjoyed anything to help take his mind off the situation for even a few minutes.

He finally said goodbye and took his leave for awhile leaving the blonde alone again.

These alone times are the hard times, times when Katsuki gets lost inside his own head and an unfamiliar feeling seeps in, fear. Fear that Izuku won't come back to him, fear that he would lose him forever.

There were times he had full on sobbing break downs that he never showed another soul.

Times when he wanted to scream at the top of his lungs and break down anyone or anything near him.