Chapter 26

"Oh? Where are you going?" Mommy asked me while descending the stairs. "Hindi ba dapat ay nag aayos ka ng gamit mo?"

"Uhm..I'll just go to the mall to buy some gifts for my friends." Sabi ko at ngumiti. I'm wearing a white turtleneck sweater dress inside, a trench coat and a gucci belt outside. I also wear a black boots above my knees.

"Oh D'accord." She said and looked at my hair. "What color is that?"

"Blonde highlights lang mom, Ate Yvie suggests it." I kissed her cheek before leaving the house.

Tomorrow is my flight to philippines. My friends know it. I decided to use a public plane. My mom forced me to my grandparent's private plane, I refused. It will be landed at his airport! Yes sakaniya na talaga yon, Aiyha said it to me years ago.

I haven't been back there in almost twelve years. Bumabalik naman ako ng palihim at tanging ang mga kaibigan ko lang nag nakakaalam, especially when someone in our group needs me. I'll immediately book a flight so I can be by her side. Hindi lumalagpas ng apat o tatlong araw ay babalik na rin agad ako dahil may sarili rin akong buhay dito.

Wala akong ginawa kundi ang mag aral at magtrabaho dito. After I passed the boards, I decided to work as a flight attendant for three years and that was one of the best things I did in my life. My parents always allow me to do things that make me happy, all they want is to make me happy and free.

I just bought some bags for them. Although some of my belongings, such as bags, shoes, and clothes, cannot be carried with me, my mother will send them to me in a package. My parents have not yet decided whether or not to return home; if they do, they will inform me. My responsibilities as a CEO of my companies require me to go to the Philippines.

After I bought some bags I went to where I could buy a new laptop. My laptop broke yesterday. Good thing I saved my important files and moved it on my spare macbook. Actually I don't need to buy one but still, I want a spare incase I need it. After I bought everything I needed I immediately went home. It's already dinner time, and for sure my family wanted me to eat with them.

"Mykee, let's eat!" My lola calls me. I gave my paper bags to the helpers and told them to put it in my room. I went to the dining table and sat next to Ate Bella.

We talked about my companies that I will manage in the Philippines. It's all already mine, since I started to take my experience before.

"Kuya Art will be the one who's waiting for you at the Airport." Sabi ni Bella. Tumango ako at itinuloy ang pagkain.

Ang wala nalang sa pinas ay ako, si Ate Bella, at si Kuya Alex nalang.

All of them are already happy in their married life, and these two cousins of mine are already engaged with their own loved ones.

I'm one of the witnesses of how they sacrifice everything just to get the love of their lives, how they suffer just to give freedom, how they lower their pride and ego just to hug their loved ones, how they finally get back in the arms of each other... How they say do's in front of the aisle.

I witnessed all of that while asking myself when I will feel the love they already have.

I don't regret anything, but I regret that I am still not giving myself the freedom to love another one after my first break up twelve years ago.

I am the only one who chooses to be confined to the person who is only part of my past and impossible for me to be within the present.

I don't know much about him other than that he's already a pilot and manages his father's airport and engineering estate company. I don't know how he manages his construction company. Did he take a different course other than mechanical engineering or aeronautical?

I didn't ask about him when I talked to Aiyha and Trike. As much as I want to ask them I don't want to sound as if it has another meaning. Maybe he's already happy with his own family? Yeah for sure he is.

"Did he know that you're going home?" Mom raised her left brow. I sigh. She doesn't know the real meaning of what happened, I don't want her to hate him. Tita Cleria and my mom are still talking, maybe she doesn't open the topic with me and him.

"He doesn't need to know," I answer and sip my water. "He's not part of my life anymore."

"And pigs can fly..." Sabi ni lola. Narinig ko naman ang tawa nila daddy. I slowly close my eyes to ease my irritationess.