chapter 4

"Yuuji!" Yuuji stiffens when he heard the all-so-familiar voice of his teacher, which happens to be his Soulmate too, while he was walking toward their classroom. 

The bell already chimes, which indicates that the class is already starting, that's why Yuuji tries to walk faster to get into their room. 

Yuuji deliberately goes to school at the last minute just to avoid bumping into Satoru, because that guy got reprimanded for being late every time, so the principal made him come to school early. 

And because Yuuji also arrived very early every day Satoru also tried to come early just so he can talk to Yuuji more in the morning. 

Ever since Yuuji knows that Satoru was his soulmate, he did everything to avoid the other. Not because he doesn't accept him as his soulmate. 

 Just like any other person, Yuuji also wants to be together with his Soulmate. When his grandpa told him the stories about soulmates, he also dreamed about finding his fated person.

He also dreamed of being together until the end of their lives. Enjoying every moment that they're going to spend together.

Being happy just by the sight of that person, being sad whenever they don't have time to spend together.

Or solving their problems when they encounter one. Planning every anniversary of their relationship.

That's why when he first saw the red thread that connects the two people who are fated to be together, he was very delighted!

Because he thought he wouldn't have a hard time finding his other half.

But life is very unpredictable, just when he was happily guiding other people into finding their soulmates, fate gifted him another surprise.

Yuuji doesn't want to dive into the short-lived happiness that the red thread has given him. So he's trying all his best to avoid Satoru.

"Are you going to the classroom? Let's go together!" Satoru chirped as he was practically bouncing while walking toward Yuuji.

Satoru was about to go to his homeroom class when he saw Yuuji frantically walking. Satoru hasn't been able to talk to Yuuji to warm up to him, that's why he was surprised and also excited when he saw him today.

Both of them will go to the same place, so there's no use for Yuuji to refuse Satoru.

"I noticed that you've been going to school barely on time, are you having some kind of trouble?" Satoru seemingly asked casually while looking ahead.

"Not really, I just forgot to set my alarm so I've been waking up late," Yuuji grinned while scratching the back of his neck, the habit that he had whenever he lied to someone, he didn't notice that he was doing it though.

"Is that so? You should have set the alarm before in the middle of the day so you won't forget about it. That's what I've been doing since my school days!" Satoru said in a very carefree tone as he look at Yuuji and noticed his awkward smile.

The second bell chimed in again when they finally reached their classroom, the other going to his seat while the other standing in front of the students to start the lesson.

Ever since he saw the other ends of the red thread, Yuuji made a habit of looking at his pinky finger whenever Satoru would stand in front of them. And out of habit, he would trail the red thread and would stroke the thread while looking at the person in front of them.

His expression would soften as he stare at Satoru, though he was not aware that he was doing it.

No matter how hard he denies the fate that was in front of him, the hands of fate would try and push him towards that person.

No matter how much he brainwashes himself into thinking that he doesn't want to be with him, his heart was very much aware of how much he wants to be with him.

This is a useless battle that he one-sidedly started because no matter how much people avoided it, fate would still find a way to bring them together.

"Yuuji can you please help me put this on the faculty?" Satoru said once the class was over.

Yuuji hesitantly stood up and picked up the pile of notebooks sitting atop the desk.

The two of them walk toward Satoru's faculty room, none of them are saying any words.

Yuuji could feel his heart beating so hard, that he thought it's gonna burst out of his body every time he stands beside Satoru.

He's trying so hard to calm himself so he didn't share Satoru any glance.

"You can just put it there, thanks!" Satoru said once they got inside the faculty. Yuuji walks towards Satoru's table and places all the notebooks there.

He was about to excuse himself when Satoru stops him from going out, Yuuji flinched from the sudden contact as he eyed the older in bewilderment.

"Sensei?" Yuuji probes while slowly taking his hand from the other, but instead of releasing him, Satoru tightened his grip, but not so much as to leave a mark on his wrist.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Satoru said in a very serious tone, it made Yuuji freeze and immediately whip his head towards him just to see if Satoru was the one who said that.

"What?" Yuuji asked dumbfounded, he can't catch up with his teacher's brain circuit as he stared at the other blankly, waiting for his response.

"You probably know that we're soulmates right? Though I'm not sure how you figure it out, I'm sure you know. So why are you avoiding me?" Satoru said laced with a distressed tone.

"Sensei what are you talking about, I'm not avoiding you," Yúuji chuckled as he scratches the back of his neck again. When Satoru saw Yuuji do that, his eyes behind his sunglasses narrowed.

"You're lying, you've been avoiding me for days." Satoru firmly said as he let go of Yuuji's wrist.

"Do you not want me as your soulmate?" Satoru asked which made Yuuji flinch.

"No! That's not it!" Yuuji hastily denied it as he stared straight at Satoru's eyes, even though it was covered by the sunglasses.

"Then what is it? What's the reason that you're avoiding me?" Satoru approached Yuuji, which made the latter retreat and bump into the desk.

"It's personal, so—" Yuuji didn't get to finish his words when Satoru finally approached him and entrapped him.

"I've been trying my best to spend time with you so that we can get to know each other, but how am I supposed to know you better when you're avoiding me like this?" Satoru takes off his sunglasses. The pair of bright blue eyes stared at Yuuji's light brown ones.

Satoru's silver hair hangs leisurely above his forehead, it looks so soft that it made Yuuji wants to touch and play with it.

And the older's pink lips almost glow in the light, Yuuji can't help but gulp at the sudden closeness between them.

He arched his neck back trying to put some distance but to no avail.

"I am not avoiding, you're just imagining things sensei!" Yuuji awkwardly laugh as he tried to calm his heart that was beating so fast.

"You're such a bad liar, Yuuji. Fine! I won't force you to say it if you don't want to tell me your reason for avoiding me. But now that you're aware of us being a soulmate, we should try our best to get along now, don't you think so?" Satoru lets out a playful smirk on his face while still staring at Yuuji's eyes.

"If you still avoided me once you walk out of this room, I'm gonna pester you until you become sick of me! Do you understand?" Satoru said with a sulky tone.

Yuuji just nodded his head absent-mindedly. But when he finally came back to his senses and was about to voice out his refusal, Satoru already distanced himself and patted him on his shoulder with a very wide grin pasted on his handsome face.

Just what did he get himself into?