8 - Physics Class & The King's Pillar

Start from the beginning

"You're a man. Suck it up." Takuto gains an anime vein mark.

"Takuto!" Niika helps him sit up quickly. She worriedly looks at him.

"Midori no me~" He stares back just as worried. Kazuma does his best to ignore his jealousy during such a dire situation.

Mermaidoll stops short of their location and pummels itself in the ground. The dirt and debris rise again, falling down the hill. It falls too fast to run. "Brace yourself!" Kazuma shouts shielding Wako.

"URRRAH!"

"Huh? Niika-chan!?" Takuto shouts. A green glow lit up Niika's cybody mark. With a wave of her arms, Niika had created a huge, glowing, emerald green dome around the four of them which shielded them from the dirt. When the debris passes and settles, Niika drops her arms.

"Midori no me, that was amazing!" Takuto said in awe.

"I didn't know you could do that?" Kazuma sort of says this as a question instead of a statement. Niika drops to one knee panting slightly. Takuto supports her.

"N-Neither did I..."

CLINK!

A sound from above was made. The four look up and watch as, out of nowhere, Tiger and Jaguar land on the ground in front of them. Mermaidoll hits the ground backward seconds later. "We have come to help!" They shout, "Please hide the Maiden!" As Mermaidoll starts to stir, they ready themselves for another attack. Both Tiger and Jaguar are both armed with a katana and wearing samurai armor in a style fitting to their individual names.

They stand up and Kazuma releases Wako from his grip. They watch Tiger and Jaguar attack Mermaidoll from both sides, then watch the cybody take control of the fight in a matter of seconds. It grabs them both by the neck, "We can't just leave the fight to you!"

Takuto can see the white-haired males green eyes suddenly blinded with anger. "Oh great, he's getting pissy again." Kazuma runs forward, grabs the cybody's legs while its arms are occupied, and judo throws the cybody down into the ground. "Kazuma! What are you doing!?" Takuto shouts, "Tiger and Jaguar are still in its grip!"

"Shite." Kazuma blinks and realizes this. He backs up. The girls breathe the best they can in their choke holds after the sudden whiplash. Mermaidoll stands up again with a backflip.

"Niika, hide Wako!" Niika turns to see Takuto with a tree branch in his hand.

"What are you planning to do?!"

"Be a guardian!" Takuto runs forward past Kazuma, "Chesto!" The branch breaks as it collides into Mermaidoll. He hops back in surprise. "It didn't work..."

"DID YOU REALLY THINK THAT WOULD WORK!?" Kazuma shouts at him.

"OH SHUT UP KAZUMA!" Takuto yells back. They glare at each other.

Kazuma scoffs, "Just follow me." Takuto seems to nod. The two then charge forward. Kazuma's sprint is more of a Naruto run, while Takuto's sprint is slightly more normal.

The two split apart after running side by side. "Kazuma!" Takuto signals from one side of Mermaidoll. Kazuma spins and is able to land a punch on it. Mermaidoll flies backward.

"Takuto!" Kazuma signals from the other side. Takuto grabs a huger, much thicker tree branch than before, one that could rival a tree trunk instead of a branch. With a careful swing, Takuto manages to slam into the middle of Mermaidoll and ram it to the ground. The maids grow pale from more whiplash, but Mermaidoll seemed to be down for the moment. The two boys tackle it just in case.

"Let them go! Mermaidoll!" Kazuma says trying to free Tiger from Mermaidoll's left grip.

"Your fight is with us!" Takuto shouted at the cybody, prying free Jaguar from Mermaidoll's other hand. The two grab the girls and back away. "See?" Takuto says waving what was left of the last tree branch in his hand. "It worked this time!" Kazuma's eyes roll.