PART 2: July, 2015

Start from the beginning

"There is a math question I don't understand. Can you help me?" Yin said flatly.

"I'm talking with War now. Please come back later, okay?" James replied with an annoying tone which made me hit his head with a paper.

"Awww." He pursed his lips.

"I will go to your table later, okay?" I replied to Yin, along with a broad smile.

"I need your help now," Yin responded and without waiting for me to reply, he pulled my hand and dragged me to his table.

∘✧──────✧∘

🆂🅴🅲🅾🅽🅳 🆆🅴🅴🅺 🅾🅵 🅹🆄🅻🆈, 2015

"Yinnn"

"Why don't you talk to me today?" I asked him because he made a grating expression today whenever I tried to talk to him.

"Nothing," he replied briefly and continued to ignore me, not even looking at my face.

He had been acting like this before, so I'm not weird but I'm still wondering if I did something wrong.

"Sorry, Yin."

That's the common word I said to him, sorry. I would apologize to him for no reason each time he treated me in this manner because I was worried that I could have accidentally wounded his feelings.

I returned to my seat and sat back down so as not to disturb him. My friends were busy chattering in front of me but I wasn't paying attention to them because I was still wondering if I had hurt his feelings or not.

I noticed Yin laughing with his pals when I turned to look at him. He ignored me but now he happily engaged in conversation with his other buddies. When he sent a glance my way, I pretended not to look at him

I didn't like to show my feelings, even if I am wounded by his tendency to ignore me without cause, so I chose to act as if nothing was happening in order to avoid making a big deal out of it.

"War? Are you okay?" Win asked me as I kept silent.

"Okay," I replied, letting out a heavy sigh.

"Are you sure?" James asked and when I threw a glance at Yin, he already stared at me which made me instantly bow my head.

"I...I will go to the toilet," I told them and immediately stood up, then walked away without waiting for a reply from them.

∘✧──────✧∘

The next day, I arrived at school as usual and since Yin was seated in the back and I was in the front, I walked to his seat. I believe it was already my habit to walk to Yin's seat but he never did so since he was too sluggish to get up.

"Hellooo, Yinyin!!! Why is your face like that?" I'm not sure if he wanted to talk to me today or not because he ignored me yesterday for no apparent reason other than the fact that I am me. Still, I'd like to talk with him.

"Hey, kiddo," he greeted me back and slowly leaned his head on my shoulder which made my lips turn into a tiny smile. "I'm so tired of playing games until morning. I'm sleepy like hell," he muttered.

Yes, Yin was always like this. He sometimes treated me like a prince since he preferred to display his devotion for me through physical touch. Sincerely, I hate physical contact because when my other best buddy touches me, I always feel quite amused but not with Yin.

I love it when he squeezes my cheek, holds my hand, or leans on my shoulder because it makes me feel loved. Every time he does it, I feel valued and he won't make physical contact with anyone else aside from me.

Even some of my other closest friends thought I was foolish for being too kind to him but only I realized why. He brought me comfort that I had never experienced from anyone else.

"You're sleepy?" I asked while caressing his hair and he hummed in response.

"So sleepy," he complained like a child. "Can you stay like this? I want to take a quick nap."

I smiled. "Yeah, sure," I responded briefly but I didn't know why, my heart felt warm. I was ecstatic when he acted in this manner.

 I was ecstatic when he acted in this manner

credit: @byhowl13/3/2022

credit: @byhowl
13/3/2022