🖇️PART 1: March,2015

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╚════▣◎▣════╝

╚════▣◎▣════╝

『𝙒𝘼𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑』

🅼🅰🆁🅲🅷, 2015

So this is how I get to know him. I was well-known in school, which I attributed to my good looks and outgoing personality because I'm an extrovert person. So, I have a lot of buddies and James is my best friend. We've been friends since we were 13 and we are 14 this year.

Since 2014, James and I have been in the same class and in 2015, several other students were assigned to our class, one of them was Yin Anan Wong. We call him Yin.

Well, at first, I hated him since one of the classmates, Ploy, was Yin's girlfriend and he was only talking to his girlfriend while ignoring our other classmate. He was constantly usually following his girlfriend. He wasn't really famous in school because even though he's very handsome but he is an introvert who appears to dislike having many friends.

I forgot to mention that actually James and Yin have known each other since they were 7 years old because they studied in the same primary school and their house was nearby.

Yeah, I hated Yin because he appeared haughty and rarely smiled. He doesn't seem to like me either because I'm a loud and hyperactive person as he always made an annoyed face whenever he looked at me and only focused on his girlfriend, Ploy. Because Ploy was an overly jealous person, they would occasionally fight in class, which was very annoying. I just put my hands over my ears and pretended not to hear anything.

∘✧──────✧∘

"Yin, do you need my help?" I asked him and this was the first time I talked to him after 3 months of being classmates. He seemed to not know how to answer that science question and I was a top student, so I wanted to help him.

"Eerrr, can you help me?" He asked awkwardly as he also might be surprised because I talked to him. I'm not an arrogant person, so of course I want to help him because I noticed he was stuck on that question for so long.

I pulled up a chair and sat next to him, explaining the question to him. He doesn't say much because I knew he wasn't the easiest person to get along with.

Our bond grew stronger after a few months. I'm not sure how but I always go to his seat and crack jokes with him. He also seemed kind and at ease around me. Ploy was excessively domineering and she liked to flirt with all the males, including our own classmate, thus he and Ploy had broken up not even half of year since they started dating.

Yin told me about all of his problems and by the time I realized it, he had already considered me a close friend because he was hard to open up to. I also usually told him about my troubles because he was a good listener and I appreciated his advice. This was the Yin side that no one believed in. Although he appeared solemn and silent, when I got close to him, I realized that my initial impressions of him were wrong.

"You are my best friend, Yin," I told him while smiling and at that time we were 14 years old. I considered him a good friend of mine.

He looked at me and gave me a tiny smile. "Thank you, War. I don't have many friends, so emm thank you for being friends with me."

He patted my shoulder. "You are my best friend too, kiddo," he told me with a smile which prompted me to smile as well.

∘✧──────✧∘

In just a few months, our friendship grew very close and I felt like I had known him for a long time. I felt more at comfort with him than I did with James.

I couldn't put my finger on what it is about Yin that made me want to be friends with him. But I had to say, there was one thing about Yin that I didn't understand. He was nice to me at times, sulked with me at other times and ignored me at other times. That doesn't bother me because I love being friends with him. It was funny to think that I used to despise him but now I'm extremely comfortable being friends with him.

Because I'm a well-known student at my school, Yin has begun to be friends with my other pals as well. So, people have started to get to know him because Yin was always with me. Yin and my other best friends weren't very close but he's comfortable with them. He could joke and sat with them without becoming too quiet, like he used to. He had already begun conversing with our classmates.

I know James dislikes Yin because he noticed Yin being a little nasty at times but I told him it wasn't a huge deal because it was nothing to me and I didn't think his treatment of me was bad. That was Yin's personality and I enjoy being friends with him since he truly understands me and is constantly open to listening to my problems.

He made me feel at ease with him and I now considered him part of my family. Because I visited his home too often, his family is also familiar with me. His mother loved me because she said I was a good person who was always willing to help Yin.

"Can we be best friends forever,Yin?" I asked him while showing little finger to him to make a pinky promise.

He chuckled and ruffled my hair. "You like to be my friend so much, hm?" He smiled and caressed my chin like a cat, making me pout and I pushed his hand.

"You don't like to be friends with me?" I inquired, pretending to be sulk and he took my little finger, then clenched together with him to make a pinky promise.

"Of course we will be best friends forever. I already consider you as my family, War Wanarat," he said while giving me a sweet smile and that's when we made a pinky promise together.

A promise to show that we would be best friends forever.

credit: @byhowl12/3/2022

credit: @byhowl
12/3/2022