chapter twenty-five | the fun flask

Start from the beginning

"I'm calling it the 'fun' shot," he replies proudly. "There won't be a lot, but it packs enough of a punch."

Seokjin finishes plating another serving of eggs with a small, dimpled smile. His soft cheeks rise as he smiles at Hoseok and Jimin. He wears a set of bright blue pajamas with baby sheep hopping on the vertical stripes. His black hair is wet from a recent shower and pushed back to reveal his forehead. He is handsome, somebody I could say truly defines the meaning of the word.

It's a wonder the boys have remained single for so long.

Then he looks over at me and brightens. "Good morning, Fin."

I smile in return and bow my head towards him. "Good morning."

Hoseok turns around and his eyes sparkle with excitement. "Are you ready for today?"

"Definitely!"

Jimin hums and his lips form a smug smile. He studies me with interest and lightly places his finger on his plump lips. "I wonder if she's excited about the forest, or if she'll see you post-form..."

Hoseok whacks Jimin's shoulder without blinking or any expression change for that matter. He continues to beam at me. "Ignore him."

Yoongi closes the fridge with the bump of his hip. He sets down a large lunch bag on the counter and begins filling it with glass containers filled to the brim with food. The food appears to be a mix of bright, fresh vegetables and steaming meat, fresh from the stove.

He spares us a look and smirks. "Jimin has no shame, doesn't he?" His dark brown eyes crinkle with amusement.

Jimin flashes Yoongi a toothy and slightly threatening smile. "You make me shameless, hyung-nim."

Yoongi lets out a loud, heavy sigh appearing on the verge of rolling his eyes back into his head. "Shamelessly ignoring the dishes in the sink," he quips.

Jimin pouts.

Hoseok giggles loudly and nudges Jimin towards the mountain of dishes that awaits him. "Come on, Jiminie."

A whine pulls from Jimin's mouth and his shoulders droop forward. He stares at Seokjin with big, pleading eyes with enough adorable energy to kill a man. "Hyung... They're being mean to me. Do something about it, will you?"

Seokjin snickers before mirroring Jimin's pout. "Hurry up or I'll make you fish the food waste out of the broken side."

Jimin's eyes widen a fraction.

Then Seokjin gives him a wicked grin. "Come on, pup."

Hoseok giggles and gives Jimin a slap on the butt. "Need we say more?"

Jimin's cute demeanor fades and he rolls his eyes. Then he looks at me in mock disbelief. "Do you see the conditions I'm living in?"

I smile softly at him and shrug, unsure what to say to this. This feels like the natural dynamic of the house. I don't want to intrude on that moment. Even if I have lived here for a few days, I feel like an outsider among them.

"I love you, Jiminie," Hoseok coos and tries to wrap Jimin in his arms.

Jimin allows him to hug him for a brief moment, arching his neck to make sure his face isn't mushed into Hobi's shoulder. He hurriedly pats Hobi's back before pushing him off. "Alright, alright!" he relents and smiles freely once again.

He hops over to the mountain of the dishes and starts washing them off dutifully. The two oldest boys return to their work with soft smiles on their faces, clearly amused by Jimin's pouting and teasing.