"What the actual fuck Kim? How old are you? I understand when you fight Karina for the chair, pretending your flirting is all desperation for a seat of leather, but seriously? You wanna start fighting me too? Trust me, I'm not gonna fall into bed with you!"

"Fine. Have the fucking chair," Winter stood and glared at her before stalking out of the living room and heading to her bedroom. The first thing she noticed was, of course, the neatly made bed. The only time Winter ever made the bed was when she put on clean sheets, but of course she'd left a half naked Karina in her bed and Karina was a bed maker. Karina wouldn't have felt right without tucking the base sheet in and straightening the duvet to within an inch of it's life and plumping the pillows. Karina probably aired the room too.

She sighed. She knew far too much about who Karina was and it made her brain hurt. She threw herself down on the bed and grabbed handfuls of duvet, tugging the edges from where they'd been neatly tucked under the mattress and then rolled from side to side to maximize damage. As if wrecking Karina's neatly made bed would take her mind off the girl. The girl she'd spent the day without seeing. The girl who was currently on a dessert date with some other fucking girl who wasn't good enough, who would inevitably hurt her. No Winter, she mentally chastised herself, the girl was with the girl she actually wanted and Winter's only job was to suck it up. She stopped rolling and closed her eyes.

"Sex with Ryujin?" That's what she'd asked, asked if Karina was thinking of sex with Ryujin and then she'd waited and Karina had shaken her head. It had been a shake. Karina wasn't thinking about sex with Ryujin. The only logical conclusion was that she'd been thinking about sex with her. But then, maybe Karina had only been talking about in that one moment? Or only about sex?

Winter huffed because this is what had plagued her all night and all day. That moment. The moment when Karina had shaken her head. That moment when it felt like they transcended from friends practicing, to something more. She didn't know how to explain it but it had felt different after that moment.

When the knock finally came on her door she ignored it, but Aeri came in anyway.

"You want to talk about it?" her friend asked.

"About what?" Winter snapped back, feeling the bed dip as Aeri lay down beside her.

"About how you're in love with Karina."

"Is it really that obvious?" Winter covered her face with her hands and growled.

"Yeah, dude, it's really that obvious."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Kinda figured you knew."

"No," she shook her head. "I mean yeah...but also no."

"You adore her," Aeri shrugged,

"She's a cinnamon roll. What's not to adore?"

"You seriously didn't know you love her?" Aeri was staring at her and she huffed,

"No! I mean...she's special but no. But...maybe I always have. I mean I do have this list."

"A list?"

"Of Karina things," she flushed a little.

"Do you have a list of Aeri things? Ningning things?"

"No," she admitted and Aeri cackled,

"So tell me what's on your list of Karina things?"

"Well the first is that she's a cinnamon roll. I mean when I first met her she was so intimidating, but yeah...then I got to know her. She's really sweet and gooey."

"Next?"

"She's solid and dependable and really, always very appropriate. She's also really kind."

"Agreed. And yeah, very appropriate - that sure sums up Karina."