Chapter 14 - Chaos Reigns

Start from the beginning

And when he was able to just barely open his eyes, he understood why.

His wings, his beloved brown to gold faded wings...

They were falling off.

•~~•

Tommy sat up quickly, his chest heaving, his hand gripped in his shirt as he frantically looked around the room. He was in his room, in the apartment he shared with some of the most important people in his life. He was safe. He was out of that damned laboratory.

He was home.

He ran a hand through his hair, his other hand still gripped on his shirt where his heart was. He tried to regulate his breathing, taking in deep, shuddering breaths and holding it for a few seconds before letting it out.

This wasn't the first time he's had this nightmare.

No, not a nightmare.

This was a memory.

A memory he so desperately wished with all his heart and begged every god out there, to let him forget so he could move on.

Oh gods, he hadn't been screaming in his sleep again, had he? They would get another noise complaint, and he didn't feel like having to speak with the neighbors again. That would be awkward as fuck.

He sighed once he got his breathing back under control, he hung his head down, bringing the hand that was in his hair down over to cover his face. He kept it there for a few seconds, sighing again before looking over to the clock on his bedside table.

6:54 am, Wednesday

He stared at the numbers for a second, his mind still being a bit fuzzy as he tried to process the numbers properly. It took a minute, but he soon realized that he and Alexa didn't have to go in until around seven thirty today, something about starting a little later today for some reason. He'd have to ask Siren.

And with that thought in mind, he got up out of bed and began to get ready for the day.

ℂ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ℂ

8:46 am, Wednesday

Tommy did his normal rounds of passing out coffee to everyone, once again saving Blade and Siren's coffee for last. It's still incredibly illegal to be that terrifying as a hero in his right opinion. And with Blade's coffee delivered, it was time to head to Siren's office.

In the past couple of weeks, Tommy has been going to Siren's office more and more often to do his work. It did not matter if Siren asked for him or not, because he'd find himself grabbing the work he had to do that day and take it with him to Siren's office to complete it anyway. Most of the time they would sit in silence, only a few jokes or words muttered to each other or themselves. It was a comfortable silence neither of them felt like breaking.

"So, Thomas," Siren started, still looking down at the papers on his desk. "I have a question for you."

Thomas glanced up from his work over to Siren, raising a curious brow at him before looking back at his work. "And what exactly would that be, Siren?"