Chapter 13 - Cold Hands, Dark Snow

A/n: this chapter is not only my longest at 7041 words, but it also took forever to write and I'm sorry for that XP

I don't have anything to say about it other than, there are some trigger warnings at the end for (none major) character death and description of said death, as well as some other triggering topics. Other then all that, I hope you enjoy :D

"THAT'S NOT WHAT WE'RE TRYING TO SAY!"

"Ok, but it really sounds like it though!"

Tonight, we find our four vigilantes on a rooftop in the 17th District (bordering on the 16th), Theseus and Stinger having their usual banter while Nightcrawler is trying to contain her laughter, and Ranboo just has his head in his hands.

"YEAH, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT IS INTENTIONAL!"

"C'MON MAN, YOU CAN'T TELL ME IT DOESN'T SOUND A LITTLE SUS! THINK ABOUT IT- "BOO" AND "BEE", PUT IT TOGETHER AND WHAT DOES IT SOUND LIKE-"

"THESEUS IF YOU SAY IT I SWEAR TO THE GODS-"

And say it he wants to, but not only is stopped by the fact that he's in a full on yelling match with his best friend, he also just didn't want to say "booby" at the top of his lungs for the whole damn neighborhood to hear. At thought alone he's sure he can hear light laughter carrying through the wind. Oh right, speaking of the neighborhood-

"EY, WILL YOU KEEP IT DOWN UP THARE?! WE'RE TRYNA SLEEP DOWN 'EAR!!"

They all grimaced as the voice lifted to their ears, Theseus yelling down an apology quickly as they all decided to move to a different roof.

However, as they were looking for a new place to settle down and keep watch, a familiar black feather fell gently from the sky and onto the ground by their feet. Nightcrawler was the first to notice, and it only escalated from that point on.

"Guys we need to!-" She went to yell out a warning to the others, only to be tackled to the ground by- something? Did they have invisibility potions now, or was this one of the Heroes powers? Whatever it was was heavy and made it difficult to move. When she was able to open her eyes again, as dizziness from being knocked over so harshly made it difficult to see, she was met with the scared and surprised looks of her teammates. She didn't find out why until a familiar green cape came into view and-

Oh shit-

"So", the Hero began. "You are the four vigilantes my friends have been having trouble with, huh?" He said, picking up what could only be described as a net made of concrete that was encasing Nightcrawler, it was then she was able to understand her companions' panic.

"I honestly thought I'd be dealing with more experienced adults, and not children." Said the fourth ranking Hero in all of L'manberg, Dream. No one was quite sure what Gene's he possessed, or if he was a Hybrid or Triple Hybrid or a Pure Blood, but they knew he had the wings of an Avian and the powers of matter manipulation. As long as his hands are in contact with whatever material, he can use it to make weapons, medical supplies such as bandages, and a bunch of other things. He also has the strange ability to launch himself into the air, but it helps him glide since he can't fly with his wings, so no one really thinks about too much or what it could be.

Now, if Theseus was in the right state of mind, he wouldn't have spoken in this situation for fear of his life and how it could affect the current situation....

But come on, it's Tommy we're talking about, of course he said something about being called a child.

"Oi, fuck off!" He yelled, slightly regretting his decision to speak up once Dream, Siren, Blade and Zephyrus turned their attention to him. "We're not fucking kids you dickhead!"