The Real Finale

(Leila's POV)

I woke up on Draco's chest. I snuggled into him and open my eyes. Draco was staring at me. A smile broke out of me. "Creepy much." I yawned. I felt him chuckle.

"You're just so beautiful when you sleep." Draco kissed the top of my head. We lay there in silence just enjoying each other company. My stomach broke the silence

"What time is it anyway?"

"Almost noon." I shot up, surprised. 

"Noon?" I said shocked.

"That's what happens when you drink and party all night, love" I groaned. The girls were probably worried about me. I smiled at the thought.

"I need to take a shower, eat, and be in the field by three." I groaned again. I went to get up but was soon pulled back into Draco's arms.

"Don't go." His voice was muffled into my neck.

"Baby,  I have to go." I giggled and looked up at him, he was grinning. "what?"

"Baby, huh?" I poked him in the side as he chuckled, I distracted him enough to get out of his grasp. He looked at me and frowned.

"I'll see you later...Baby." I blew him a kiss and his smile came back. I walked out of the room and immediately looked around. Good, there was no one in the common room. I made my way over to the main door to get out but I froze when I heard a door behind me open. I spun around.

Hermione walked out with her heels in her hands. She locked eyes with me. Immediately we both burst out into laughter. 

"Really, Hermione?" I said whipping my tears away.

"Hey now," She looped her arm around mine as we walked out of the dungeons. "You are just as bad as I am."

--------

I stood at the front entrance my the maze. A knowing fear ate at my gut. My breathing was unsteady and I was almost shaking. DUmbledore began talking, but I couldn't hear him over my ears ringing. I looked over at Cedric. He flashed me that same goofy smile. 

I heard the cannon go off and my feet carried me forward. Mindless running, that's all this was. I knew where I was going before I could even think about my next move.

Two shots of red sparks flew above me. I took a shaky breath and ran forward before halting when I heard footsteps to my right. Cedric ran in front of me.

"Cedric!" I ran to him, embracing him. I clutch at him.

"Woah now, I was gonna tackle you, I thought you were Krum." I chuckled. I pulled away from him, he was smiling. I heard the bushes behind us beginning to move. 

"Come on!" Cedric and I ran away from the bushed. "Over here!" The bushed were reaching for our ankles, but Cedric and I had the advantage. I knew where I was going.  We sprinted to the clearing where we could see the cup.

"We did it!" Cedric said excitedly, but my stomach dropped as I walked closer. "Why are you not ecstatic, Leila?" Cedric questioned.

"I uh...I just didn't think I could do it." I closed my eyes. "Together?" Tears started to well up in my eyes. He nodded. We reached for the cup at the same time.

We were transported to the graveyard, my stomach dropped.

"What the hell..." Ced got up off the ground. My feet were planted, I was prepared for this. I saw a figure out of the corner of my eye. Lucious revealed himself.

"I doubted that you would actually be able to win. I guess Draco was right. He had so much faith in you. Too bad that my idiot son couldn't take the job he was assigned seriously." I gulped. "It's such a shame. Such wasted talent and power."

"You're a monster!" I spit. He smiled evilly. He looked like the devil. Cedric stood beside me, wand at the ready. 

"It's wonderful to finally meet you, Leila." A cold shiver ran down my spine. I turned around slowly. Voldemort.

"I can't say the same thing." I raised my wand to match his. Cedric stood by my side confidently. My heart broke for him, he looked so confident, he didn't even look scared. Maybe he should have been a Gryffindor.

"You should join me, Leila. The power you possess inside is insurmountable, you could be unstoppable. It would be so beneficial for you."

"I won't join you!" I choked out. 

"Then I feel sorry for your friend." Sparks flew from his wand. "AVADA KADAVRA!"

I watched Cedric's body go limp next to me. He was dead. The last unforgivable curse. I stood my ground. My body shook with anger, but I didn't dare move. I wouldn't give in to him. 

"What's this? Are you as cold and brutal that you couldn't react to the death of your dearest friend?"

"Fuck you," I said through gritted teeth. Voldemort flashed a smile.

"This is your doing, Leila. Your choices affect everyone close to you."

"I will never join you." My hands shook, I tried to keep my wand steady. 

"Then who will be next, Leila?" My mind went to Draco. My love.

"You won't touch him!" I cried out. 

"I don't have to child. I'm already causing him suffering, driving him crazy. It's sweet, how much you care for the boy." I gritted my teeth at him. I won't give in, I can't.

I didn't cry, I was shaking with anger, but I wouldn't cry. I am strong and brave.

"I will kill him." That was it, My anger boiled over and sparks flew from my wand. Our magic collided, spewing sparks and shards everywhere. The power exuding from me was something I had never felt before, but it wasn't enough. I felt a familiar presence wash over me.

Two ghostly figures appeared at my side. "It's okay, sweety. We will help you, we will distract him for a second. You need to get out of here."

"Thank you." I tried to smile, but I couldn't.

"We are here." I felt my father's hand on my shoulder. "We are always with you." Another figure appeared. Cedric.

"Take my body back to my father." I choked and nodded. The figures rushed at Voldemort. I ran back to the cup and grabbed Cedric's hand as I did. The world swirled and I was spat out in the middle of the arena. I heard the roaring crowd and music.

I planted my feet on the ground and stared down at Cedric's body. I was emotionless, numb. I couldn't move, couldn't breathe or blink. 

The crowd and music began to dye down. I still didn't move. I heard footsteps rushing towards me.

"MY BOY! THAT'S MY BOY!" Cedric's father screamed across the field. I was frozen. 

"Leila." I heard Draco appear beside me and he placed his hand on my shoulder. Somehow his touch snapped me out of it. 

"Draco..." I didn't move my eyes away from Cedric's body. Draco intertwined his hand with mine.

"Let's go, Leila." I let him drag me out of the arena. My mind was blank and it was almost peaceful.