Potions

A few weeks had gone by and I had almost caught up to everyone in my year.  I thanked god for my photographic memory. If not I wouldn't have been able to do it.  Although, I was still struggling a bit in potions, but today in class. I struggled a little bit more than usual.

Snape had always been a dick professor but it seemed he was especially mean to me and I had no idea why.

Draco and I had not even spoken to one another since the kiss. I was probably just imagining it to be honest. Someone can't just kiss you than not talk to you for a few weeks. That just ridiculous.

I was stirring the potion Harry and I were working on.  "Ron, is it suppoessed to be bubbling this much?" I looked around to the other student's pots. Especially Hermione's. It definitly did not look like ours.

"I think its fine." Ron shrugged. I chuckled. He could care less. He always cheats off of Hermione in tests. I don't think he knew what he was doing. As I was looking around the room, my eyes met Draco's. He smirked at me, and I blushed and looked away. What the hell was that Leila? That was the first time he had shown you any attention and you just look away? Stupid.

"Leila, can you put the pigs tail in?" I nodded. I grabbed the ingredient and dropped it in. I grabbed the laddle and stirred it bit. It was boiling more now.

"Ron, I don't think..." The potion irrupted in a big gulf of smoke. The dark air hit me in the face and seemed to rush into my body. It enveloped me like a warm hug, I felt darkness and evil. I tried to fight back before my body just gave into it.

(Draco's POV)

"What the hell did you do to her Ron!" I yelled at the bloody Weasley as I rushed over to Leila. Snape was right behind me. A crowd gathered around us. Even incompasitated she was beautiful. I put my head down her mouth. She was breathing. Good. 

"I-I-I don't know..It just.." 

"That's enough! Draco bring her to the hospital wing now! The rest of you, don't touch your cauldrons until otherwise instructed to!" I picked up Leila carefully and rushed out of the room. Please be okay, please be okay. 

I hadn't worked up the courage to speak with her in weeks. I shouldn't have kissed her in the first place, but I couldn't help but be drawed to her. Like a moth to a flame.  I looked back Hermione, Ron, and Potter were following closely.

I rushed into the hospital wing. "Help her please!" I laid her down softly. The nurse came rushing over. 

"What happened to her?" The nurse questioned. 

"Potion exploded in smoke and she just past out." She grabbed vials and bottles of medicine as I was explaining. Snape, Mcgonnagal, and Dumbledore rushed in.

"Back away from her!" I looked up at Dumbledore who spoke. I backed away slightly not ready to let go of Leila. I felt Snape's hand on my shoulder yanking me back. 

"We don't know what she will do, Draco." I looked up at him questioningly. "Weasley made a premonition potion by mistake. She is seeing her future. None of us can stop it until  it's finished." I looked back at Leila. She was twitching and shaking, she looked as if she was in pain. 

This was making something in my chest break. Leila sprung up in bed. I jumped back. She looked hazed, still out of it. She then began floating in the air, her body bending backwards, it looked so painful. Hermione began to cry out.

"NO DON'T DO THIS!" She screamed. I lunged for her. Snape held onto me tight.  Leila pulled out her wand. So did the other professors. She began to scream louder than anyone I had ever heard. 

"CRUCIO." She screamed. The professors deflected it. Leila began screaming even louder. A tear slid out of my face. 

"HELP HER! I screamed. It didn't seem to register to any of them. Leila slammed back into the bed, sobbing. 

"BASTARD! I LOVE HIM" She was sobbing. I began to shudder. I felt the pain she was feeling.  "I WILL NOT JOIN YOU! AVADA KEDVRA!" She screamed. The professors deflected it again. I was going to kill Ron Weasley for doing this to her. 

Everything stopped. She stopped moving and her eyes opened. Her tears still streaming down her face. She sat up. I got out of Snape's grasp and rushed to her side. She clung onto me and sobbed.

"Ssssh, It wasn't real. You're okay. Ssssh." I held her rocking her back and forth. The trio looked at me weird for the action.

"Leila, I'm so sorry." Ron bellowed. 

"Bug off Weasley!" I sneered. He clung to Hermione. Leila's breathing slowed and her sobs became soft.  She looked around and took a deep breathe.

"What the fuck was that." She squeaked. My broke a little more. 

"A premonition potion. You saw your future Leila." Dumbledore spoke softly, walking to her side.

"But I don't understand. I didn't... I.." She took another deep breathe.

"What did you see, Leila." She paused and looked down. She rolled up her sleeve. I choked at what I saw. A black mark. The star of the death eater tattoo. It looked just like mine before it grew. The pieces were forming together. The air thickened as everyone else realized what it was.

"The...the man was forcing me to join him...he.. he was going to kill you," She looked up at me tears swelling in her eyes again. "Draco they were going to kill you if I didn't."

"Leila." Dumbledore spoke. "You must realize the premonition that you saw is not absolete. Your future is yours to change as you wish." She looked down at the mark on her arm. Was this my fault? I shouldn't have gotten involved. This wouldn't have happened to her. 

"We will let you rest my dear." Mcgonnagal spoke softly and gestured for everyone to leave. I let go of Leila to get up.

"Draco," She grabbed my arm. "Will you stay with me please?" She sounded so broken. So innocent, so sweet."

"Of course." She laid down and scooted over for me. She layed her head on my chest and wuickly fell asleep.

Voldemort wants her to join him. He's going to use me, to get to her. I can't let that happen.