It Was Him

(Leila's POV)

Draco and I, hand in hand, practically sprinted towards the great hall.  We reached the grand doors and I took a deep breath.  I heard Draco breathe heavily next to me.

"Are you going to tell me what we are doing here?" He sounded annoyed. I rolled my eyes. "Did you just..." He glared at me. I gulped and bit my lip. "Don't ever roll your eyes at me again." I stared at him with wide eyes then smirked.

"Or what?"  I smirked. Draco licked his lips and I giggled. I turned around and cautiously opened one of the doors and peaked my head through. I couldn't see anyone. Good. I turned back to Draco and grabbed his hand.

"Come on." We made our way into the great hall. I pulled him to the back of the room to hide behind the rows of tables.

"Is that the goblet of..." I covered his mouth as the door opened. Draco and I ducked. I listened as I heard footsteps draw closer. Then it was quiet. I peered over the table slowly. 

Snape. Why is it always Snape?  Fuck man. I felt Draco go rigid next to me. 

Snape drew a piece of paper from his pocket. The Goblet of Fire began to spew flames as it did in my vision.  He tossed the paper into the cup and it was engulfed in the flames. I ducked down as Snape turned to walk out of the great hall. When we heard the door shut I turned to Draco who was staring at me. 

"Are you going to explain now?" I sighed.

"I don't know if I can." Draco and I walked out of the great hall. My mind was racing. This was too confusing. Snape is a death eater. Snape is helping Voldemort get to me. In a very clever way at that. Then my thoughts ran. 

Cedric. How was I going to be able to save Cedric? I couldn't just let him die. Everything hadn't gone exactly to what my vision had seen, and I'm currently changing my future in small ways. Would it be enough?

Draco had walked me all the way back to Gryffindor's common room entrance. 

"I wish I could explain more, if I could I would. I promise you that, Draco." He was staring at me still confused. That was becoming a permanent look for him lately. 

"I don't understand why you can't just tell me." I looked at my feet. He looped his fingers under my chin. "But if you think that's what you need to do..." I bit my lip. His face was inching closer to mine. "I trust you." I smiled slightly. I wish he could know.

He leaned in and gave me a sweet light kiss and pulled away just as quick.

"Get some rest love." I wrapped my arms around him one last time. He smelled of cinnamon and something sweet. I would never get enough of it. I pulled away from him and turned toward the painting. 

"Goodnight, Draco."

-----

I ran my fork across my breakfast. I didn't have much of an appetite, knowing what was about to happen. 

"Are you gonna eat that?" Ron poked me in the side. I sighed.

"Not really hungry, you can have it if you'd like." I pushed my plate over to Ron, who was sitting next to me.

"What have you been up to lately, Leila?  You've been showing up to the dorms awfully late at night, or not even at all..." Hermione smirked and I blushed. "Do you have a secret lover we don't know about?" Harry and Ron almost choked on their food. I blushed. Hermione giggled. "I'm just kidding." I gave her a chuckle and looked at my hands in my lap.

Dumbledore began speaking. A shiver ran down my spine. I kept staring at my hands. I felt the heat rising in me and I began squirming. I began memorizing the lines in my hands. There was cheering in the background. I could barely hear it. I didn't realize I had so many lines on my palms. 

More cheers. I flipped my hands around and focused on my nails now. I had a hangnail on my ring finger. I start to play with it, trying to rip it off. More cheers. I was able to rip it off. A small amount of blood began to pool out my nail. I wiped it on my black robe and finally had the guts to look up.

Everyone was staring at me. I took a deep breath. I looked at Harry first. My brother. I felt selfish that I hadn't even thought about him since my vision.  I stood slowly from where I was sitting at the table. I held my head up high. 

I looked over towards the Slytherin table, knowing exactly where Draco would be sitting. I locked eyes with him. He looked shocked, but there was a hint of something else. Understanding? Like he had put the pieces together. I gave him a reassuring smile and continued to walk to the front with the other competitors. 

I stood next to Cedric. I couldn't wait to talk to him. Help him the way he helped me. But I wouldn't help him in the end. I decided that as I glanced over at the smiling boy.  They ushered us into another room.

Dumbledore came charging in, I almost laughed at the repetitive action. I saw Snape follow into the room behind him. Shit.

"DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE!?" He was almost yelling. I had to act clueless. I shook my head.

"No." I squeeked. Dumbledore turned on heels and continued to argue with the other professors and the ministers. I stumbled back bumping into someone, I turned to look who it was. Cedric.

"How did you pull it off, Leila?"

"I didn't put my name in. Truly." I was trying not to smile up at him. It was nice to see him again. Images of his body slumping on the ground next to me crawled into my head. I shook them away.

"Well, at least we will be in this thing together." He gave me that wide goofy smile. I smiled back at him. 

They all decide that I should compete. Shocker. I shrugged it off. I knew it was coming. The professors let us leave the room.

A lump grew in my throat when I realized that I needed to talk to Draco. I knew it wouldn't be a good talk either.