chapter 1

Ciel took a breath to calm his nerves. He waited all semester to race Angus and he wasn't about to lose. Ciel had skin the color of onyx and wore dark blue speedos with goggles and a swimming cap that matched. He was only 5'6 but he was lean and he trained harder than his opponent. Angus was a 6’2 white boy with red hair, red speedos  and a red cap.  

Ciel pulled his goggles on and when the coach said go they both jumped into the pool. It was the breaststroke, Ciel’s specialty,  but  he couldn't slack against Angus. He was lazy when it came to swimming but taller and stronger. Ciel started out behind but quickly got ahead of Angus. Before anyone know it Ciel touched the other edge of the pool first, making him the new team captain. No one cheered but the new girl Naomi and she quickly shut up, sensing the tension in the room.

Angus jumped out of the water pissed and flushed all over like blood and milk. Ciel smirked but kept his composure as he pulled himself out of the pool. He thought to himself, "Angus will do all my gloating for me anyway so no need to get myself beat up"

Angus rushed over to Ciel and started screaming at the top of his lungs. "You bitch ass pipsqueak. You fucking cheated."

Ciel put on a friendly smile, "How Angus, everyone was watching"

Angus said, " You You jumped early", his voice hit a fever pitch, "everyone knows you're a sneaky bitch Cell"

Everyone kept quiet at Angus' immature allegations but they backed away from both of them. 

Ciel took a sharp breath but kept his smile tight.

When Angus noticed Ciel’s annoyance so he started poking Ciel in the shoulder and screaming, "Sneaky bitch Cell, sneaky  bitch Cell"

No one joined his childish chant but a few kids snuck out the door to get away from Angus.

Ciel barked back, "Keep your fucking hands to yourself".

Angus stepped back for a sec but then cocked his fist back ready for a brawl. Ciel flinched but finally the coach got between  them

“Hey hey hey, please no fighting boys’”

Coach Matt was a man of average height and weight but he always sounded 5’2 talking to Angus.

He reluctantly patted Angus on the shoulder. “ Now buddy, we all saw Ciel win and....’

“How can you say that coach, I need this spot, he won't win us anything!” 

Ciel rolled his eyes, they'd won nothing since Angus took over as team captain.

Coach sighed, “Well rules are rules”

Angus turned and stormed off after that. 

Ciel was still a lil shaken after the altercation but he just gave a frustrated sigh and took a shower. He then changed into his uniform but couldn't quiet his mind. He couldn't understand why no one else was embarrassed about the swim team's losing streak. Sure it doesn't bring the shoulder as much attention as football but this is ridiculous. Even if Angus wanted to take charge he didn't have the energy anyway. Ciel noticed the coach as he put on his shoes. He peeked out the corner of his eyes but decided to let coach Matt do the speaking.

The coach sat down to Ciel's right and put his head in his hands.

“Ciel you're putting me in a hard situation 

Ciel crossed his arms and tired to keep his composure

“You know me and Angus are busy with football. Everyone else is ok, why are you so stubborn”