21: Symbol Of Peace Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"As cold as this sounds you don't need to." Haemon said, "You don't need to save Bakugou, because you're not a hero here. You're a student. You're in danger right now and you should be safe. Leave saving Bakugou to the adults.".

"I am an adult." Sanyu protested. Haemon gave him a tight lipped and sad smile.

"You're a teenager." The man said firmly. "And like a teenager, you're going to ignore this conversation and run right into the fight again.".

"I'm not being reckless or anything like that-" "You are." Haemon wasn't budging an inch on that fact.

"You did this back then too. Jackson begged you to stay with him, to live in Queens with him and Mya, to retire. And you all but told him to fuck himself." Haemon said. Sanyu felt a stabbing pain in his chest at the mention of the encounter.

"I couldn't have retired. They would have come for me-killed me." He said, shaking his head.

"And Jackson would have protected you." Haemon said firmly. He had been Jackson's mentor when the man was just a boy and he would have given his own life to keep Sanyu safe and happy.

"Why can't you let yourself leave the fight, Sanyu?".

The apartment became hazy, fading into a swirl of colours as it always did when Sanyu woke up.

When he opened his eyes he was slumped up against the brick wall of the abandoned shop, freezing and stiff.

Sanyu gritted his teeth as he rubbed his eyes aggressively.

"I don't know." He whispered to himself in English.

"But I have to do it.".

---------- ---------- ---------- --------- ---------- ----------- ------- ---------

The hero crept around the side of the warehouse slowly. He had to be absolutely silent so he followed all the lessons to the letter. Don't wear a shoe on the prosthetic, keep your breathing slow and through your mouth, disable cameras without any noise. Climb to get them if you have too.

He had been able to get all the way from the wilderness to Masutafu to Kamino again in 48 hours without being seen once, so obviously it was working.

Sanyu hated how easy it was to remember those lessons. To remember the skills he hadn't wanted to obtain.

Clementine was right, he really was their perfect little doll.

He reminded himself that he wasn't fighting for them anymore. He was there to rescue Bakugou, to help the people that had saved him.

And that he wasn't going to hurt anybody. Well...no civilians or heroes.

The whole time his hand hovered over his metal leg, ready to scan his fingerprint to access one of the less...conventional features of the prosthetic.

Okay, that was one way of saying there was a gun in his leg.

It was a detachable feature they had put in. It was the first thing they had him demonstrate when he recovered from surgery. Just to hammer home that he was nothing but a weapon.

He turned another corner until he could see the pro heroes stationed around the warehouse but they couldn't see him.

Another operation must be underway, because there was no way they would send only two heroes to the main hideout, although Sanyu had heard good things about Best Jeanist and Mount Lady.

Speaking of the woman, she activated her quirk, turned into a giant, and picked up a truck like it was a toy. Sanyu would probably never get used to that.

She smashed the car into the side of the warehouse sending stone tumbling to the ground around them.

Sanyu would recognize those screeches anywhere. Nomu.

A group of them burst out of the building, screaming their heads off as they charged at the heroes. Best Jeanist leapt into action, trying most of them up with threads. Mount Lady grabbed a few of them and slammed them into the ground.

Then suddenly there was a shockwave that shook the whole city. Sanyu shot into the sky, scanning the ground for the source. There were already news helicopters in the air, so his cover was blown anyway.

He spotted the problem pretty quickly. A little ways over there was what looked like a disaster zone and standing in the center was the number one hero, All Might.

Sanyu took that as his cue to fly in.

He didn't know who this villain thought he was, but he was messing up a hell of a lot for Sanyu right now. He was fitting in, he was recovering, he was becoming something other than the shell of a human being. And this guy thought he could just waltz in and destroy all of that?

Sanyu supposed that even if Haemon was right and he didn't have to do any of this, that he still wanted to help out his fellow number one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have much to say about this chapter, just put on some baddass music and read part 2!! 

I'm so hyped to show you Sanyu at his absolute best. Because he is by far my most powerful character to date. 

And that's saying a lot considering I also have Miki (from Home) who can use mind control just by looking at someone, Nao (from Shatter) who's forcefields could crush your head in a second with absolutely no way to prevent it (he could also put a forcefield around an entire city) AND Kyo (from Newbie) who can literally revive the dead. 

Now go read part 2! Do it!