The holiday of love

Start from the beginning

This year was a bit different, a week before the holiday, they realized that Hiberna-titan happened to be around the same time as Christmas. Since it last around 12 days, Luz suggested to spend half of it at her house in the human realm, this sent Amity both anxiety and excitement. That meant she was about to meet her girlfriend's parent, eek, Amity squeaked in her head. Following were nights with the long-lasting consideration about what to wear to make the best impression, the witch packed up a massive luggage as if she was about to travel around the world, despite Luz already told her they could just come back to Boiling Isles anytime to get the stuffs. "Greeting! No, rude. Good afternoon, maybe not... Hello, queen mother of my...NO, THIS SOUNDS STUPID! Hello, miss Noceda, I'm your daughter awesome lover, no no no, that sounds too abrupt, um...", although she was used to dealing with all kind of witches in those family business meetings, Amity still had to spend hours standing in front of the mirror to fix her speech.

To the witch's nervousness, Luz just gently assured while leaning into her arm, "I'm sure mamá would love you right away. Just be yourself, my mom has a magical sense! She has always seen and shown me the beauty in everything. Now it's time for me to show her..." Luz looked up to give a small kiss on the witch's chin "...my beauty!". 

Luz's smile could melt all the snow and got back the spring even if it was stubborn and traveling months away. Facing such a sweetness, Amity's anxiety always felt like it was wrapped by a soft blanket that held the scent of a lover. While she was caressing Luz's warm cheek and looking into the eyes that carried all the love of an earthy color, Amity thought, maybe to raise such a sweet person like this, the mother must had been more than kind, that even a word from her lips could grow the roots of all the beautiful flowers in this world. With that comfort, Amity just closed her eyes while holding her little love, waiting for the day to finally meet the person who brought this love to life, and then, to her life.

-----

The day eventually came, the weather was even more freezing than it was on the Boiling Isles. The first thing that greeted them was a hostile wind that almost flung Luz's trapper hat away. The girls shut their eyes and shivered, feeling like even with shoes on, their toes were still numb with cold, making it a bit different to move. When they already reached Luz's house, the human girl held her lover's hand tight, carefully asking if the witch was okay. Amity didn't feel that nervous anymore actually, although she almost had a panic attack the night before from imagining all the scene. Maybe it was the cold air that froze up her fear and turned it into an ice cube, which then got broken to pieces of courage when she turned to Luz and caught that familiar loving gaze. Her mind was fleshed up and now she only worried about losing her nose in this icy weather. 

Standing in front of the humble residence, Amity scanned her eyes around the house, it was different to her enormous manor. Luz's house looked...normal. Not like normal in a poor way, but normal in a way that made the witch felt like it would be a safe place to walk into. Even the sight of the house was enough to calm her down.

After Luz had rung the bell, there it came a middle aged woman, who also looked...normal. She was wearing a modest sweater over a casual knit pants, looking shabby but also warm like an old happy memory. The woman's face still looked lively, with plump tanned cheeks that had no sign of age. A pair of big glasses covered half of her face, yet Amity could still see clearly the gentle eyes that nourished the gaze of another young girl, the gaze that raised up the sun in her heart.