Vol.1 Chapter 9: Mercenary Guild

Start from the beginning

"With the power of sciences."

"Science huh? I think those are relatively useless 100,000 years ago. Even the dwarves are combining mechanical and magical technology to keep up with pure magical beings during the war."

"Oh? Speaking of which, a war 100,000 years ago it is? How ridiculous the fights there? I'm interested."

"Aaaah.... Not really a good topic to speak for but all of the people there are abnormal."

"Ain't you are abnormal yourself?."

"Rude, of course, I would be naturally strong due to my race but the human heroes of that era are so strong that made me shivers just encountering one."

"Heh? Something still managed to make your spine cold?."

"I'm not omnipotent that doesn't scared of anything you know..."

I'm not sure why she lowered her voice on the final line, I'm thinking to ask but I don't want to deal the aftermath as it might be a heavy dramatic and troublesome story. Let's change the topic then.

"By the way, why you stopped attacking earlier?."

However, it was far from my expectations. her reaction are quite unexpected, she is confused "Did I?."

"What?."

"Did you think I stopped attacking there?."

"Uh, yeah?."

"I didn't stopped stuuuuuupid. I'm charging for a large scale annihilation magic to send this entire place to void, you know."

Oh shit this girl are ridiculous. She is even planning to obliterate this entire place and send it somewhere else?! I should goddamn upgrade my arsenals to fight ridiculous people like her.

Back on the present

The group of archbishop left the place, meanwhile Lynette are sticking on me everyday. Unfortunately, I looked suspicious, if this is modern earth due to the clinging brat on me, which may sent me on Jail, due to the possibility of being misunderstood that I liked it and I am a lolicon. On the bright side there's no one that will arrest me in another world either way so it's alright, also I am basically 5 months old which even younger on Lynnette, a shota tag I guess? Leaving the stupid thoughts aside. I got a number of supplies from airdrops to replenish my depleted ammo, dozens of bags of coins and secretly changed my spartan unit with newer and less damaged one. Seems no one managed to noticed the changes of unit I've commandeering.

"Lynette wanna go in the mercenary guild.?''

"Mercenary guild?." She is confused by my words "Liam don't you want to be a adventurer?."

"Not really, I only needed a town pass using those mercenary guild dog tag for traveling."

"Traveling? You'll leave me?."

"..... let's talk about that in other day okay?."

"Hmm..." She nodded at the same time pouted.

"Let's go to the mercenary guild."

We walked for several minutes and stopped a couple of times to ask some people about the direction of the mercenary guild.

When we entered at the mercenary guilds headquarter in Burduex. Several gaze immediately darted on us. However, I ignored them while Lynnette is scare of these hooligans.

"I would like to register as a mercenary, this is my recommendation letter." I gave the letter signed by the archbishop, for a smooth transactions. But, the downside is the gaze of some people here are becoming intense.