Chapter 13 | Nightmares before the end

Start from the beginning

Then Demon Zhan wanted to turn back, but instead he froze. As his grip weakened, blood gushed from the corner of his mouth. He looked down and saw the blade of a sword covered in his blood sticking out of his chest.

The man stabbed him through with the sword, and after pulling it out, Demon Zhan fell to the ground in ashes.

Yibo fell powerlessly to his knees. He couldn't speak, he was gasping for breath and coughing.

The man put down his sword and reached towards Yibo and lifted him up.

"Don't worry, he wasn't the real Zhan. He was just a part of your nightmare, an illusion. In this place, souls struggle with their own nightmares."

Yibo then calmed down a little, but was still puzzled by the situation.

"But, .... Wait, what is yours then? Don't you have nightmares here?"

"Yes, I do. But it's happening right now, at the castle. ... But otherwise this place has no effect on me. This is my realm, I rule here now." he answered, then held Yibo to himself and they flew up.

Yibo felt the two of them lift up into the air, but because of the fog he could not see the man's wings, only a dark shadow behind him. The two were out of the thicket of the mist in no time, and were again at the edge of the mountain where Nie Kexing was waiting for them. After they landed, the mysterious man let Yibo go, allowing the angel to get a better look at his saviour.

"You? ..." - asked Yibo, when he realized that he had been rescued by the mysterious masked man again, as before. - "You're the one I saw in the woods. ... Who are you?" - he asked again, but the man wasn't really listening.

"Did you find Lan Xiang?" the man asked Nie Kexing.

"Yes, .. and the bad news is that she's going to be killed by the Master today. Right now, Lan Xiang is being taken to the Mountain of Eternal Torment."

"Then let's go there, now!" said the man, but then he felt a hand stop him.

The man turned back angrily, thinking it was Nie Kexing. But he was shocked to see it was Yibo. The angel was not looking at him, but at his hand, which he raised to get a better look at the ring the man wore.

"This ring, ... this ... Zhan's." said Yibo, then he looked up at the man.

The man just stared down silently.

"Zhan?" asked Yibo, stunned.

"Almost. ..." the man finally said, after a slight silence, then looked up at the angel.

Yibo was puzzled to realize that after the man took off his mask and hood, it was indeed Zhan,

Yibo was puzzled to realize that after the man took off his mask and hood, it was indeed Zhan, .. just a little different. The red streaks in his hair were now silvery, and his violet eyes were now a shade of burgundy.

"I am Wei Yang, ... only now my soul is in Zhan's body."

After a short pause, Yibo became slightly nervous, which was noticeable in his voice.