XVI. New Beginnings

TW: Rape, kidnapping, drugging

(I didn't proofread sorry)

"Which is why I have to do this... I'm sorry baby."

***

I opened my eyes to see fluorescent lights shining, making my orbs feel as if they were beating out of my head. I try and put an arm over my face to block the blinding light, but something was restraining me from doing so. I look over and see a pair of handcuffs attaching me to a headboard. I quickly look to my other side and see my other arm was also incapable of moving, seeing it was also restrained. I started breathing heavily and looked down, noting that the covers from my own bed at home were covering me.

That's when I look around and see a few posters and decorations that also used to reside in my room at home, now located in this strange, unfamiliar room. I started breathing heavily as tears brimmed my eyes and I harshly pulled at the handcuffs.

"MOMMY?! MOMMY WHERE ARE YOU?!" I screamed, still harshly pulling at the restraints. I finally stopped and started sobbing. I suddenly hear quick footsteps above me, a door open, and then her patting down the stairs. She soon opens the door with tears in her eyes and a relieved face.

"Mommy, w-what's going on?" I sobbed out, pulling on the restraints.

"Oh, no baby don't do that you'll hurt yourself," she says, making her way towards me at the bed. She sits beside me as I look at her in fear. She takes my now bruised and bleeding wrist in her hand and coos.

"Mommy please, what is this? I didn't do anything wrong I-"

Diane cut me off, shushing me and stroking my tear-stained cheek.

"Baby it's just temporary I promise. I just need to make sure nothing can get in the way of our love okay? We were meant to be together and we can't do that if Jillian keeps getting in the way. You don't need her. You only need me, okay baby?"

I just hesitantly nodded and look over at the handcuffs, then back to Diane.

"These hurt, mommy."

"I'm sorry baby girl hold on," she sighs, taking keys from her pocket and unlocking both pairs from my wrists. I immediately take them down and Diane rubs soft circles on them. "I didn't mean to hurt you, my love I'm so sorry," she says, kissing my wrist. I was so scared but I wanted Diane's comfort so I leaped forward, letting her take me into her warm, soft embrace.

"It's okay mommy. I just want to be with you. I'm not going to leave you I promise."

"I know," she whispers, pulling back and kissing my forehead. "But I need to make sure I'm the only one who can have you. Not Jillian or anyone else for that matter. You are mine, and if you are, I can do whatever I want with you... for us..." she continued, leaning over me as I lay back with fearful eyes.

"B-but-"

"No sweetheart. This is how it was meant to be. Mommy doesn't want you to argue with her okay? Trust me baby, we'll be so much happier like this."

Diane seals her words with a soft kiss on my lips. Even though she sounded crazy- hell maybe she was crazy, her voice never failed to comfort and assure me.

"Mommy, can you please stay here with me for the night? Please?" I asked, still letting tears fall down my cheeks.

"Oh, of course my love," she cooed, crawling next to me and laying beside me, holding me in her arms as I continued to let out small sniffles. "Is that better?"

"Y-yes. Thank you," I cried quietly.

"Hey, listen baby listen to mommy," she whispered, lifting my chin as I tried to hide my face into her chest. "You're okay. This is whats best for us. So don't be scared. And don't cry. It's all going to be okay."