XIV. Call Me Home

TW: SA, drinking

****************

As Diane came at me on the couch, I threw my arms over my head, covering my face.

"Please I'm sorry I'm sorry I love you. I love you so much I- I don't like Carter please don't hit me!"  I just stayed curled in a ball until I feel Diane pull my hands down.

"Baby look at me." I hesitantly make eye contact with the woman and sniffle as she strokes my cheek. "I'm sorry. I just love you so much I can't lose you. I just don't want you hanging out with her understand?"

"Yes."

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, mommy."

"Good girl. Now can mommy have a hug sweetheart?" I just nodded and wiped my nose with my knuckle and leaned forward, letting her wrap her arms around me. "I love you, sweet girl. I didn't mean to scare you I'm sorry."

"I love you too."

There was suddenly a knock on the door, making both of us jump. Diane looks into my eyes and I immediately knew to hide. I got up from the couch and stopped in my tracks once I heard the voice at the door.

"Diane? Diane, I know you're home. Can I please talk to you?"

It was my mother.

Diane looks back at me with wide eyes.

"y/n get out now!" she whisper-yelled. I just nodded and ran to the bathroom, closing the door. Diane opens the front door as I listen carefully.

"Jillian? Is everything alright?"

"Where's y/n is she here?"

"No, I'm sorry. I haven't seen her since yesterday but I saw her leaving your house this morning.

"Jesus Christ. I-If you see her, please please tell her to come home. I can't do this anymore Diane. I feel so very awful. She won't even answer her phone."

"I'm sure she'll come around, Jillian..."

"M-may I come in?"

"I'm sorry I'm going grocery shopping in a few minutes."

"Oh. Alright. Well please just call me if you hear anything from her."

"I will Jillian. Goodbye."

"Thank you, Diane. Have a good night."

Diane just closed the door and makes her way to the bathroom, kneeling in front of me.

"What do you want to do for dinner tonight sweetheart?"

I just shrugged and she helped me to my feet as I looked to the ground. She lifted my chin with her fingers and placed a kiss on my lips.

"We could... order out?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Okay."

"Unless you want something else?"

"No takeout is fine."

"Alright baby," she whispered, placing a kiss on my forehead and heading for the door.

"M-mommy?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Do you... think I could have my phone? Just to text my mom? Please?"

"And say what?" she asked sternly.

"Just to let her know I'm okay. She sounded really worried Diane."

Diane eventually gave in and got my phone from her basement. I then realized I'd never seen it down there before. She came back up, immediately closing the door behind her, and nervously handed me my phone, leading me to the couch. She sat down beside me and watched intensively as I put in my password and saw I had about 20 missed calls from my mom along with some from my friends.