Chapter 28: Confrontation

Start from the beginning

Is he gonna die so soon?

The mere thought of Keisuke's death made Kiyoko's stomach churn in an uncomfortable way as she could feel the sudden drop of her heart. Her head feels light with all the worries from her nightmare bothering her like a pest.

" This… this is all because of Kazutora isn't it,? He's gonna kill Keisuke and take him away like what he did to them…." She says slowly, thinking how pitiful Keisuke is for even trusting Kazutora who would prolly backstab him.

She never really understood what goes on inside Kazutora's head. He was cunning, and yet naive.

Kiyoko but the inside of her cheek, stabilizing her breathing pattern whilst reorganizing her thoughts.

Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill…

Kill Kazutora.

It was a fine day. Yuri thought, a satisfied smile adorning her lips as she exhales a breath of contentment.

She has been busy with school these past few days, especially since she's part of the theatre club and student council. Fits of giggles escape her lips, skipping in her steps with a paper bag in her hand filled with homemade macaroons.

Yuri finally cleared some schedule for Kiyoko, it's been nearly two weeks since they last saw each other.

" Kiyoko-san! Let's hang out! " She says giddily. Green eyes sparkling with happiness she couldn't contain.

Kiyoko was staring intently at the wall. In fact, Yuri knew that Kiyoko only zones out like this with people she feels safe with. Knowing that made her flattered, beyond happy that she trusts her that much.

But there was something off with her energy today, she feels different from the usual Kiyoko who zones out.

" Kiyoko-san? " Yuri asks, worry laced in her tone as she settled down the bags of macaroons on one of the tables.

Kiyoko hums, not completely focused on what's happening outside her mind. Yuri frowns at this, cracking her brain for answers on what Kiyoko could possibly be thinking.

" I'm worried about Keisuke, " she finally says, " I feel like something bad is gonna happen soon, I worry that he might get hurt badly this time. " Her voice held it's monotone like the usual.

Yuri, however, knew better than anyone how Kiyoko feels. " Yuri, can you do me a favour? " She holds onto Yuri's hands, giving her a gentle squeeze of desperation.

The blonde girl's heart churned with a certain emotion,

" Please, tell me if Keisuke is gonna die… If you ever see death behind him, please tell me.. okay? " Kiyoko pleads, a small smile decorating her lips.

Yuri forced on a smile, lying through her teeth as she replied, " Sure, I will ".

Of course, it's always been about him when she's like this. Yuri thought bitterly.

The certain emotion swirling around her stomach unpleasantly as her thoughts were green in envy.

What does he have that I don't have? I was the one who comforted her when he wasn't there, I was there when he hurt Kiyoko-san's feelings. Why is she choosing him over me?. She thought, gripping her hands tightly enough to suffocate the blood flow.