Chapter 16: Phantasm

Kiyoko dragged Yuri out of that place, they began to wander on the streets of Yokohama, not a word has been said.

They are currently eating crepes, at an old park that greatly reminded of kiyoko where she used to play with a certain person.

" Kiyoko-san, Do you wanna go to the arcade? "Yuri suggested, a small smile on her lips.

Kiyoko basked in the sunlight, nodding at whatever Yuri had said, letting the girl drag her.

It was pure coincidence, the place was crowded.

When Kiyoko's unstable mind began to wander off. Her eyes locked with two different colored ones.

The other person was blown away in surprise and yet kiyoko opted to pretend. That she didn't know him.

" Kiyoko! " Exclaimed a very happy guy, waving at her.

He was one of them.

The same duo that managed to make kiyoko feel hurt overnight.

" kaku... " she said softly.

Yuri peered over " Do you know him kiyoko-san? " She asked.

Of course she does, how can kiyoko ever forget someone as remarkable as them?. But that is a story to tell for another day.

Kiyoko averted her gaze away from him. " I don't know him, let's go, " she says, pulling Yuri away from his direction.

If kakucho is here, then he must also be here. Kiyoko thought.

She didn't want to meet them again, again. At least not when she's vulnerable like this.

So Kiyoko decided to run away.

Kakucho was waiting for Izana to finish his business in the alleyway. It's hot in here,he thought.

Fanning in his face using his hand, maybe they should go to the beach. As if he'd even agree. Kakucho was talking about Izana.

I miss Kiyoko, I wanna see her. He grumbled in his thoughts.

And it was pure coincidence that God had answered his prayer. When his eyes stared at a familiar pair of Blue one's.

He was stunned, in his place for a few moments. Basking in the warmness spreading in his stomach and chest. Kakucho could no longer suppress his smile.

" Kiyoko! " he yelled, cheerfully.

He was a mess, pink hues painting his cheeks. A big smile that softens his scary face.

She stared for a while at him with the same neutral expression that somehow makes Kakucho feel butterflies swarming around his heart.

But she turned away and pulled a blond girl with her, away from his direction.

Huh?Why did she turn away?....I'm pretty sure she saw me.. he frowned, dropping his hand in the side.

Is she avoiding me- us??. Kakucho thought, his face darkening at the mere thought of kiyoko.....

Leaving him.