Chapter 17

Katie

"I did."

The large, warm hand resting on the curve of my waist tightened a little. "Did what?" Ben asked, his rumbled voice a sleepy drawl.

With a smile that had to reach from ear to ear I stretched languidly and moved my hand up over the hard, ridged chest beneath it, over the trail of golden hair tickling my palm. I was lying on my side, tugged up against Ben on his back, my head on his broad shoulder and his arm around me.

Outside, it was fully dark by now. As dark as it got in the middle of June, and a warm breeze and the faint sound of late night traffic drifted through the open window.

"Enjoy myself. Wasn't that the goal you set for me?" I rubbed my cheek against the warm skin beneath it. I was tired, but there was no way I was going to be able to sleep yet. All of my body was still humming with pleasure, with the buzz of contentment from the aftereffects of Ben's clever fingers, his lithe tongue and his rock-hard body. With the serenity of knowing that I had made the right decision. No matter how deep I searched, I could find not even a trace of regret at what had happened tonight.

That Ben and I would end up here had probably been inevitable since the moment he'd kissed me in his office. Probably since the night of the opening party, and it had nothing to do with Dave or my mission. It had nothing to do with all that had happened since that night and everything to do with Ben and me and what was simmering between us.

We had eventually roused from the first round that had started on the terrace and found the roast chicken and salad Ben had prepared, but the meal had lasted only until I'd looked up over the rim of my wineglass and found Ben's flaring eyes on the V of skin visible above the one button of his shirt that held it together between my breasts.

Wine and food had been abandoned where it was as I'd once again been hauled over a broad shoulder and carried back to his bed.

"It was indeed," Ben rumbled.

I shifted so I could look up at his face, my chin resting on my hand on his shoulder. Ben's jaw wasn't covered in a full beard, but the scruffy stubbles were more than a five o'clock shadow by now, as the sensitive skin on the inside of my thighs could attest to. I could see his eyes glitter beneath his heavy eyelids. "Do you want me to leave?"

"No." His arm around me shifted and held me closer as his hand slid down my side to my hip, sending goose bumps over every inch of my skin. Sending sparks up my spine. His eyes opened fully and his lips curved in a smile that rivalled mine in smugness. "We're not done here yet."

Moving my leg over his, I slid up to lie on top of him, my knees on either side of his hips and my palms flat on his hard chest. "Oh? What's left?"

Ben's dimples came out with such force that my core contracted.

"A repeat," he said as his hands moved down over my butt and in between my legs.

A moaned gasp escaped me, and I shifted to get closer to those fingers I now knew what could do.

"And," he continued, not quite touching, "you never had much dinner. The least I can do to make up for that is to make you breakfast in the morning. Though," his fingers finally moved deeper and his voice became that low rumble that revealed he wasn't unaffected, "I'm hungry now."

I straightened enough that I could look down between us. "So I see." His cock was already lengthening low against my belly. I folded my hands around the hardness and moved my hands up and down at a leisurely pace.

He truly was a magnificent specimen of lean, muscular, and broad in all the right places, and now that I knew exactly how he could use that body, I was already ready for him again.

Ben hissed through his teeth, and his fingers dug into my butt. "Katie," he growled and made as to sit up.

I instantly released him and pushed him back down on his back. "No." I leaned over him, my mussed hair falling around our faces and momentarily screening us in as I held his gaze with half an inch between our lips. "I want that breakfast, so you'd best preserve your energy and let me do the work this time."

He relaxed back in the bed and spread his arms wide with a grin. "Do your worst."

Sitting back, I curled my hands around his cock again. Twirled one over the head and the other around the base. "Brave words, Mr Caveman."

Ben's eyes closed on a groan, but he did nothing to stop me. His hands fisted in the sheet when I tightened my grip and moved my hands up and down in long continuous strokes.

Glancing up over his rapidly rising chest to make sure he wasn't peaking, I scooted further down his legs and bit my lip to keep from laughing at the sheer intensity in his expression. My turn now.

The moment my lips closed over the broad head, Ben arched on a groan that echoed off the ceiling, and the sound shot straight to my core, but I only took him deeper into my mouth and coiled my tongue around the baby-soft flesh over a steel column, and he jerked.

"Katie." Ben's hand tangled in my hair.

I glanced up while trying to keep my smile subtle. "Yes?"

"If you keep doing that," he heaved in a breath, "I'll very soon have to flip you over and fuck you senseless. And I don't want to have to pause before I do. Could you please get a condom before you continue?"

His eyes were almost pleading, but I could find no fault with the sequence of events he was promising me. Placing a light kiss on the tip of his cock, I nodded and rose from the bed.

Ben's heated gaze followed me out of the bedroom and into the hallway. Ahead of me, the light was still on in the kitchen and living room, but a faint light was also falling from the open door on my left. Ben's office.

I glanced over my shoulder towards the bedroom, but I couldn't be seen here from the bed. I halted in the doorway and looked in. The lamp on the desk cast a circle of light over Ben's open laptop and the stack of papers in the middle of the desk.

Dave's threat played on my mind. The image of the girl with her parents outside the centre in Bournemouth flashed before my eyes.

I stared at the papers, at the laptop. Then shot a quick glance at the bedroom door. But then my eyes returned to the office and landed on the note board on the wall above the desk. On the piece of paper displayed right in the middle between post-its, notes, and an calendar full of scribbles. It was the piece of paper I'd given Ben with my phone number.

I turned away from the office. Smiling, almost grinning, I hurried to the terrace, grabbed a handful of condoms from the table and rushed back to the bedroom. I crawled on top of Ben again and proceeded to do my worst.