Author Notes + Announcements + Art

I can't believe it! we've reached the end of this story here on Watt! First off, I want to say thank you to everyone who's left votes, comments, and added this story to their lists—each and every one of them means so much to me, and it warms me up knowing that many enjoyed reading my story. 💖

I have quite some things to say (quite a lot actually), but I do want to talk a bit about developing this story, plans I have for this series, and some more art at the end.

So:

Fun fact: This story was originally going to be a black y/n fanfic 😅. It was going to be an x Reader story that wasn't going to say Y/N (or F/N) explicitly. I really wanted to do it, but with it being my first fanfic and all, I was afraid of screwing it up and instead turned it into an OC fanfic (I literally did not come up with Jackie's first name until I was halfway through writing chapter 1). As time went on and I was consistently updating, I look back and realize: I probably could have pulled it off, and that's pretty much my only regret. But I still loved creating and writing out Jackie's character nonetheless.

* There have been so many changes to the story compared to my original ideas. For example, Jackie wasn't going to be a transfer student; she was originally going to be an SPW Foundation member who was part of the team spying on Dio's mansion. Then the team gets killed by Dio and Jackie almost escapes, but upon discovering that she was a Stand User, Dio kidnaps her and makes her a fleshbud servant.

I know that with a lot of Part 3 fanfics, there would often be romance with either Jotaro and/or Kakyoin and the reader. There was some debate on my part on whether or not to have a romantic subplot to this story, then of course, if you made it this far, you already know that I've pretty much made it platonic. As much as I love reading romance fics, I also love Gen stories, and I personally felt that a romantic subplot wouldn't fit well in here. I decided to focus more on developing the plot. But, on the upside, there is going to be romance in the sequel of the story.

Another thing I noticed with a lot of part 3 x reader fanfics: the reader/OC would often be a descendant of the Zeppelis and/or be a Hamon user. Mind you, those are absolutely genius ideas, since it continues the whole Joestar/Zeppeli fate and death curse subplot, plus gives the team a healer for their injuries. But as I started to develop this story in the beginning, I was thinking: what about my boy Smokey?🤔 I understand that Ceasar was the Jobro of part 2, but Smokey deserves some spotlight, right? I thought it would be interesting to write a fanfic where the reader/OC was Smokey's grandchild instead of Ceasar's, which will still connect them to the Joestars either way.

When I completely decided to write this story, I pretty much had the plot of parts 4 and 5 planned out before I did part 3. I had bits and pieces of what part 3 was going to be like, but I didn't completely think it through.

Me: Alright, it's decided! I'm going to write my fanfiction!

Brain: Great! What do you have planned for part 3?

Me: ...

Brain: you do have a plan, right?

Me: ...

Brain: you do realize that you have to write for part 3 for it all to connect, right?

Me: 👁👄👁

And so this story was born! And now that it's completed, we'll move on to the next one! Here are my plans for the future:

First things first, we are not going to jump into part 4 immediately. The sequel is going to focus on the 10 years before DIU happened, so not only am I going to use the last chapter as a foothold for the plot, I am going to be using the flashbacks that happened to help. There are going to be some part 4 characters mentioned, but you are going to see a lot of part 5 characters too ;). The story will be called "Running in The 90s" (tell me your opinion on the title).

Then after that:

We'll go into DIU, then a lil inbetweener from 1999-2001, and then we'll jump into GW. After GW, another lil inbetweener from 2001-2011 (it won't be long I promise), and then we'll jump into Stone Ocean!

I honestly don't have a story idea for Part 7, but I do have one for Part 8 :)))

///(some spoilers up ahead for both parts 7 and 8!!!)///

Part 8 will have a gender-neutral black y/n reader, who is a direct descendant of Pocoloco, the man who was the winner of the SBR race. The reader is technically the AU version of Jackie, and your Stand is going to be Hey Ya!, Pocoloco's Stand who was passed down for generations after his death, to you, the new head of the family. On a business trip to Japan to discuss terms with your family business and the Higashikata Fruit Parlor, you come to learn that the popular fruit business is more than it seems.

Hey Ya!'s power includes the power of luck, so I thought it might be interesting to see the flow of luck against the flow of calamity.

Still working out a few kinks, but I'm looking forward to writing all of this! 😊

And with that said, the sequel will be out very soon! It will be posted on AO3 first, but I will also cross post it here on Wattapad too! I'll let you know when I do!

You could also find me on Twitter and DeviantArt (@Gellobeam)

Of course, it's your choice if you want to check them out, but I'm just gonna be chilling out here ig. If you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me! I'd be more than happy to answer!

Again, thank you so so much for reading this story and giving it some love! 💕💕💕💕💕💝💕💖💕💞

Words cannot describe how happy I am with all your support! To conclude, here's some bonus art for you guys! I'll be back, and when I do, it'll be with the sequel!

*Bonus*

SEE YOU NEXT TIME!!!