Behind The Mask (Part 1)

Tubbo drowsily cracked an egg above the frying pan. He had just awoken from a deep sleep approximately ten minutes prior. Tubbo certainly did not classify as a "morning person"; it typically took him at least an hour to fully awaken, even with coffee. With a subtle flick of his wrist, he flipped the egg within the pan as it sizzled.

Whilst the egg cooked, Tubbo entered the living room, which was connected to the kitchen. He lazily flopped onto the sofa, shifting to a comfortable position. He had no current plans, for he figured that today would bring another long, leisurely, lazy day of just merely napping or watching television.

Tubbo propped himself up onto the sofa, throwing a blanket over his frame. As his body adjusted to the new temperature the comforter brought about, he pulled his phone from its current resting position in his pocket. Every morning, he started the day with checking his notifications and browsing his social media apps. As his eyes inattentively scanned his notifications, one caught his eye. He shifted his tired gaze to the notification. It read:

"3 new messages from Ranboo🤩🤪"

Tubbo gently tapped the message, opening his recent text messages with his best friend, Ranboo. He reached one arm out from under the warm blanket, exposing it to the cold air of the living room to gently sweep the hair that fell atop his brows, masking a majority of his sight.

With his vision now cleared, he read the messages he'd received.
9:34 AM
Ranboo🤩🤪: "Hey, are you awake?"
Ranboo🤩🤪: "Tubbo?? I have an idea!"
| type a message > |

Tubbo furrowed his brow slightly, and in both confusion and interest, he replied.

9:34 AM
Ranboo🤩🤪: "Hey, are you awake?"
Ranboo🤩🤪: "Tubbo?? I have an idea!"

10:53 AM    
Tubbo: "Yeah, I'm up."
               Tubbo: "What's your idea?"
| type a message > |

He briefly waited for a reply. Within seconds, the message "Ranboo🤩🤪 is typing" appeared on the dim lit screen.

Ranboo🤩🤪: "Are you free today?? If so, would you like to come over to my house and hang for a bit? I'm bored and I thought of some fun stuff we could do :)"

   Tubbo: "Oh yeah, sure!
    What time?"

Ranboo🤩🤪: "Anytime, just let me know when you're ready :D"

                   Tubbo: Alright, thanks!

A smile formed on Tubbo's lips as he read his friends kind words. Now, Tubbo anticipated the events today would bring, which assisted him with gaining energy. Just as he leaned back into the soft cushions of the couch, a sudden thought entered his mind: the eggs.

He swiftly ran into the kitchen, grabbing the pan and quickly transporting it away from the hot burner. He silently sweared as he glared at his overcooked eggs. They now had a dark appearance, signifying that they'd been burnt.

Tubbo irritably tossed the fried eggs into the rubbish ben. He hated wasting and tried to avoid it, but the eggs were hopeless.

Being the sleepy eighteen year-old boy he was, he was too lazy to prepare another breakfast, resulting in him simply grabbing a Pop-tart from the pantry.

—————————

After Tubbo had finished eating his sad excuse for a breakfast, he trudged back into his bedroom and discarded his pajamas in a heap on the floor. He picked out a simple outfit of a pastel yellow sweater with a pair of dark grey Joggers.

He advanced to his bathroom mirror and slightly combed his unkept, fluffy hair. It had a decent amount of curls and waves, giving his hair a pleasing appearance. When he was satisfied, he exited the bathroom, grabbing his phone on the way out. He located his car keys and left his apartment, locking the door behind him.

As Tubbo made his way down the hallway of his apartment complex, he couldn't help but wonder what Ranboo had planned for the day. Nevertheless, he trusted his best friend with his growing excitement and curiosity for what the day had to offer.

Part 2 coming soon!! 😃💕

Word count: 670