Chapter seven

Kayla's POV:

We all sat back into the living room. Luke, calum and Michael all take up the spots on the couch. Sarah took one love seat and there was only one left and Ashton was sitting in it. "Come here Kayla." I look at Ashton as he patted his lap. I looked down and made my way to him. I went to sit on the arm of the hair when he grabs my waist and places me on his lap. "Don't worry I don't bite." He whispered on my ear as I thought it was such a cliché thing to say. "Really Ashton? I thought you could come up with something better than that." I tell him and laugh. Now we got the attention f the others. "Listen missy I don't need your sass." He said trying to be serious but failing when he started to laugh. I am not sassy." I argue and hit his shoulder. "OW that hurt." "Be quiet I didn't even hit you that hard." I say laughing as well. Now calum chimes in with," See I told you guys she was feisty." They all laugh as I open my mouth to respond, but instead decided to throw a pillow at his face.

"Ahh-oof" Calum yelled but the pillow in his face muffled whatever he said. He mumbles something about girls being vicious but I just ignore him. I lean back Against the chair forgetting that I was sitting on Ashton so now my body was putting it's full weight against him. "Sor-", I start but he cuts me off, "It's fine" he told me an wrapped his arm around my shoulders and chest.

I look at Sarah across the room and see her making hearts with her hands and pointing at Ashton and I. Not wanting the boys to comment I don't say anything  but I flip her off instead. She laughs. then she laughs even harder after calum said, "Awww look our little Ashy-poo is holding Kayla. Look how cute they are. Look now they're blushing!" They all burst into laughter except for Luke who sits next to Michael with a sad smile on his face. I think back to what Sarah said in the Kitchen about Luke having a thing for me. Impossible. He couldn't possibly like me. I thought to myself.

Ashton gives my side a little poke, tickling me and I smile. Suddenly Sarah Screams, "AH!" We all jump a little especially me at her little outburst, when I do Ashton grabs my hands in his. I look at him and his eyes stare into mine before I turn away.

"I have an idea and since they are so rare it means that it will be good." I groan and say, "Not another one of your brilliant ideas." "Shut up remember the last idea I had? It went great." She said from across the room. "Yeah because that went so well." I rolled my eyes. "Why what happened?" I was surprised to hear Luke say anything, he has been quiet ever since we sat down.

 "Well we were painting Sarah's bedroom ceiling blue and the long paint stick thingy- which to this day I still have no idea what its called.- anyways, our genius friend Sarah said to stand on her dad's office chair thinking it will help. yeah, it didn't. Instead it made me fall and drop a quarter gallon of paint on me! I was washing out blue paint from my hair for weeks!"

After I finish the boys look at each other and then back at my annoyed face and start to die of laughter. I feel Ashton's body shake from it and couldn't help but laugh at myself too. Looking back on that memory I realize how funny it actually was.

"Okay, okay enough of that. Maybe it was a stupid idea but really, I think  you boys and our beloved Kayla should sing for me." She says in between her giggles. I look at the boys hoping they will say no. I am not normally shy but I already sang for them once. "Yeah let's do it. What do you say Kayla?" Ashton asked from behind me. "Um I  don't know.." "Come on Your amazing. Please for me?" My best friend asks me with puppy dog eyes. I shoot her a glare and finally say fine. The boys all pump their fists and Luke ran to the car to grab his guitar and Mikey's so I can play.

Ashton lifted me off his lap and placed me on the chair sending me a wink before following Luke.

"What song do you want to sing?", I ask Michael.