chapter three

" Get a room you two." said Calum. I quickly let go of Ashton, trying to fight the blush on my face. I catch Sarah wiggling her eyebrows up and down and stick my tongue out at her. Sarah is a very laid back girl. But she also understands my sarcasm. It's not shocking she was the one who made me dye my hair, hers is red that fades into black. I think that's why Michael likes her.

"Leave the poor girl alone Calum. Anyways the pizza is here." Luke held up the box of pizza when he finished speaking. The boys all rush to get some claiming that they were starving. I gave a piece to myself and handed one to Sarah.

We were all quietly eating until Ashton said," So Kayla, where did you learn to sing and play like that?"

I had to think for a moment before I could answer. " I actually taught myself when I was ten. Both my parents work and I have two older siblings. They got all the attention. My sister Natalie is 24, she was the athlete. My brother Chris was the smart one, perfect grades. So I never had any attention, was always in the background. Well this went on until I started to teach my self how to play music. And somewhere along the line I found out I can sing."

After I finished my story I took another bite of the warm pizza. I realized that Ashton was practically sitting on my lap. I uncross my legs and accidently brush his. I felt butterflies- no wait- it felt like horses running wild in my stomach. His eyes shift to mine and I can't help but look into his gorgeous green eyes. I only looked away when Luke asked, "How many instruments can you play?"

I laugh and say, "Well the first one I taught myself was the guitar, though I never learned the bass. Then eventually I taught myself the flute, alto saxophone, the clarinet, the violin and the piano. I've always wanted to learn the drums but my parents always said no." Once again I managed to make everyone's jaws drop. We all continue to talk for a while longer.

"I hope you know your amazing. I can teach you the drums one day if you like." I gasp at the sudden whisper in my ear and at how close Ashton his. I go that feeling again. Before I can thank him Mr. Collins opens the door again. "Lunch is -Um who is that?" He asks pointing at my friend Sarah. "Oh she is my friend she wanted to stop by on my first day." I become nervous that she wasn't supposed to be here. "Hi it's nice to meet you Mr. Collins. Sorry if I intruded, like Kayla said I just wanted to surprise her. I will be leaving now. Sorry again."

"It's okay actually. the door is open to you whenever you want as long as there is no recordings going on. I hope you have a nice day. " I feel relieved as soon as he said those words. Sarah nods her head and Michael hands her, her bag but not before giving her his number and hugging her goodbye. When she reached me she said, "This was fun. If you want we can have a sleepover tonight." I hug her and replied, "Yeah totally. After work I will grab some clothes and meet you at your house." Sarah nodded okay and left.

I sigh and sit back down in the chair and put my headphones on. I can hear the boys voices through them. Mr. Collins is plugging and fixing some wires by the soundboard, not paying attention to what's going on. I hear Luke say to Ashton, "Hey mate. How do you feel about Kayla?" My eyes widen. I think about taking the headphones off, not liking the idea of eavesdropping. but instead I continue to listen. "I-uh-I. I like her." He blurts out. "I knew it!" Exclaimed Calum. "So I like Kayla, Mikey looks like he is in love with Sarah." I watch as Mikey's face turns beet red. They all laugh and shove each other around until Mr.Collins comes back and tells them they can start the next song.

Their next song was called Amnesia and I love it. The boys all have beautiful voices. I continue to sing the song quietly after they finished. I guess Mr. Collins heard. "You can sing?" he asked. He didn't turn off his mic because the band heard him as well. "Hell yeah she can sing. And she plays guitar!" shouted Michael through his mic. I wish he didn't though. "Um yeah I guess I can. Thanks Mikey for making me deaf. No need to shout remember?" I said.

"Well how about tomorrow you record a song and see if you have the potential?" I stare at Mr. Collins. The Guys all shout 'say yes, say yes' but I'm not so sure I never really thought about it. " Okay um well thank you for the offer but I am not so sure about my decision. Let me sleep on it and think about it." He nods his head and tells the boys to pack up their instruments, they finished for today. He tells me I can go as well

Just as I left the room Calum came running over to me asking, "Do you want to get some ice cream with us? Maybe you can invite Sarah. Ya know, for Mikey?" I thought about it and told him yes. After all I only ate one slice of pizza and I skip breakfast. He went back to tell the boys and I went down to the lobby to wait.