Chapter four

The boys came down from the elevator and led me to their car. Apparently they all rode together. Luke, Michael and Calum put their guitars in the trunk and get in. Ashton was already seated in the back seat with his drumsticks in his pocket. "Okay I'm driving being that its my car." said Luke as he got in the front seat. Calum yelled, "SHOTGUN!" right in my ear before hopping into the passenger seat. "Gee thanks Cal. What are you trying to make me deaf?" I question. he laughs and shakes his head. "Come on Mikey stop pouting, just get in the car." I tell him. "But calum had shotgun on the way here! That's not fair." He said to me as he tried to fit his long legs into the back seat. " Then you should have called it before I did. Actually even if you did I still wouldn't have let you sit here." Calum said laughing.

 I smile at his comment, and pull out my phone to text Sarah if she wanted to join us.  After I put my phone away I realize how close me , Ashton and Michael are. because Michael is so big I was pushed against Ashton's side. Not that I minded of course.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket and when I pull it out I read Sarah's text.

I would have loved to go but I need to clean up my room. it's so bad I can't see the floor. lol It's not that bad....well maybe it is. Have fun and I will see you later! Love you.

I sigh after I finished reading and sent her a quick reply. Now I will be alone with four crazy, hormonal teenage boys.

"What's with that sigh? Regretting coming out with us" Ashton asked me. " No, no of course not, Sarah just told me she couldn't come and I was hoping she would." "Oooh okay kay." I laugh at ashton as he laughed at his own joke even though it wasn't that funny.

Calum and Luke were talking about the girls that we past on the drive and Mikey was on his phone. I look over and see he is texting Sarah. Cleaning the house my ass. I listen to the song that was playing and gasp when I hear my one of my favorite songs come on.

"What?" the boys all chorused when I gasped. " Luke turn this song up!" I practically yelled a I leaned forward right near Calum's ear. " OW, Are you trying to make me deaf now?" He said and I shake my head and giggle. I lean back as Luke raises the volume and Best Day Of My Life by American Authors blasted from the speakers.

 I immediately started to sing the lyrics.

"I had a dream so big and loud

I jumped so high I touched the clouds."

I was surprised when the boys all jumped in singing

"Whoa- oh-oh- oh- oh- oh- oh- oh" in perfect harmony

I grin widely as we all continued singing at the top of our lungs all the way to the ice cream parlor. It was a little shop called 'Twisted Sprinkles'. We all exit Luke's car and walk into the chilly parlor. Chills run up and down my arms and spin and I shiver. I really wish I brought a  sweater I think to myself as I rub my hands up and down my arms.

Luke notices my actions and hands me his leather kicked revealing a black shirt-sleeved shirt underneath. " You don't have to Luke, really I-" " Its okay Kayla don't worry I'm not cold just wear it." He cuts me off and flashes me a bright white smile. I pull the jacket on almost laughing at how big it was on me. "Thanks Luke." He just nods his head at me and goes to stand din line.

I can't help notice that Ashton has a small frown on his face. I tap his tan shoulder and he turns around. He looks at me with a sad look in his eyes. "Ash what's wrong?" I ask him quietly just in case he didn't want the guys to hear. " Nothing I'm fine. Trust me." He adds the last part after I gave him the I-Don't-Believe- You look. I sigh realizing he won't tell me more. "Okay then. I know we just met but if you ever need someone to talk to I'm right here." I say with  smile. He gives me a small smile. He catches me by surprise when he wraps his large arms around my tiny body. I was stiff at first but soon relaxed and hugged him back. We step apart almost too soon to order.

I order a chocolate cone, Michael orders Vanilla with gummy bears, Calum gets strawberry with chocolate fudge and marshmallow fluff and Luke gets plain old vanilla.

Once we decide to eat outside because it is very nice out we take seats on the wooden benches. we all begin to joke around and eat our ice cream when my phone buzzes. I grab it out of my pocket and see that it was Sarah.

Hey kay, so I was cleaning my room and found a bag of clothes you left at my house a few weeks ago so I washed them. You can come straight here after ice cream if you want, the door's open.

I reply back and remember that my favorite bathing suit and jean shorts are in the bag. I look back up from my phone and see that Calum and Luke are wrestling each other while Michael throws his gummy bears at him. Ashton is making a keek video and laughing hysterically.

We throw away the garbage and get back in Luke's car. "Um Luke?" I ask hesitantly, " Yes Kayla?" "Can you drop me off at Sarah's house?" " Yeah definitely." I gave him her address and realized I don't have any of the boy's numbers. " hey Ashton I need your guy's numbers just in case of something." The all grin and we exchange numbers. I put Luke in as 'The breadstick', Michael put himself as 'Kitten' I honestly don't know why, but I learned not to question it. calum wrote 'Kiwi Boy' again, I don't see why and ashton wrote 'Daddy' with a heart.

We pull up to Sarah's house, and into her driveway. Her parents are like mine, they are never home and she is an only child so I guess that's how we bonded when we were younger. I walk up the small walkway to her large house with the boys trailing behind me. I open the door and walk in leaving the boys standing outside. " Honey I'm home!" I yell at Sarah who was running down the stairs once she heard my voice. this time it was her who tackled me to the floor in a hug. We laugh for a few minutes at out silliness until she get's up and brushes the imaginary dirt form her pants. Then she realized that there were four boys at the door, waiting patiently to come in.

"Hello again." she says. "Hey can we maybe join you two wonderful ladies? I promise we will not trash your house." Asked Calum. Sarah waited for a moment  before saying, " Yeah make yourselves at home." They all say thanks and happily start to make themselves at home. This was not a good idea.

real quick I want to say thanks to anyone who is reading this it means a lot

second if you want to read a Michael Clifford fanfic then I suggest you check out

'crash' by @sammm_x33. its really good trust me.