22. "Happy Birthday"

Mila's POV

Since I was a little girl I loved to romanticize my birthdays. It was the one day in the year when everybody pretended to like me, no one held any grudges anymore and no one was being rude towards me.

When I was still at my parents' house, my mother would treat me like a princess, she was into parties so every year there was a party at some point for my birthday. On my 16th birthday, she threw me a huge party and everything was pink.

I loved that my birthday was in spring, everything was coming back to life. The sun was starting to shine a little brighter and made the air a little warmer. Everyone got out of their winter depression and the entire state looked like it came back to life.

For some reason the air on birthdays smelled differently, it was sweeter. The flowers gave off their sweet scent and so did the cake that most of the people got.

The world felt okay, even if it was only for a day.

When I woke up on my birthday I smiled to myself, just how I imagined, the sun was already up, there was still a light crispy breeze outside.

I went on my phone and saw that a few people had already wished me a happy birthday, including some of my old friends.

from Sam to Mila<3 8:55 AM

Hey Mi, I hope you're doing good... Your mother has told me that you're moved in with your aunt, maybe it's better, I know you love your cousin. I miss you a lot, I hope we can talk about things one day. Happy Birthday, princess <3

I smiled at the message, even though Sam and I's relationship was rough, it was still my first ever love and I would forever be grateful for him.

I replied to the few messages that were sent to me and made my way into the bathroom. I made my way into the shower and did the whole program, shaved, exfoliated, and lotioned up.

To be honest, I felt amazing after I was done washing my body and my hair. I decided to blow dry my hair the way my mom used to do it, big curls that made it look super smooth.

After I was done with that I quickly changed from my underwear only, into a pink lounge set.

Almost perfectly on time, my bedroom door swung open, revealing the three Howard women to me. Suze was holding a cake with candles placed neatly on top and they were singing 'Happy Birthday'.

I smiled and thanked them after they were done, pulling every single one into a tight hug.

"Make a wish", Suze smiled while holding up the cake. I closed my eyes and blew all of the candles out at once. I wished for everything to get sorted out so I could finally breathe properly again.

Even though Nate and I had talked, I still felt a weight on my chest. Something didn't sit right with me just yet. Just because we decided that we had to work on things didn't mean we were back together completely, I just knew it wasn't the time to get back just yet.

"What did you wish for?", Cassie asked as soon as I opened my eyes again.

"If I tell you it might not become reality", I smirked earning a giggle from the girl.

The four of us made it downstairs, where Suze had already put up a few of the decorations for tonight, and of course she had the breakfast table perfectly arranged.

Even if a lot of people thought of Suze as an alcoholic, which she honestly could be, she was one of the sweetest humans ever. She tried her best to make our life as good as possible, whenever we had a problem, Suze was there to help us get through it.

"Thank you", I smiled at my aunt, well soon mother, and gave her a quick side hug. "Everything for you Baby", she grinned and placed a quick kiss on my head.

"Let's eat", Lexi announced and sat down on her usual chair. We all joined her and started having breakfast.

After we were done, Suze handed me a neatly wrapped gift. I opened it and it revealed a sweet journal and actually the confirmation of my adoption.

Tears immediately welled up in my eyes as I hugged my mom. "Happy Birthday", she smiled. "That's beautiful", I cried while my sisters wrapped their arms around me.

-

"So he just yelled at you basically the entire time?", Maddy asked as she paused drawing her eyeliner.

"Yeah, honestly it was so weird, he was super close to me and well he didn't really yell at first it was more of a hushed yelling if you know what I mean. He was like 'does he fuck you better? Is he bigger? Does he know that and that', he has some serious issues", I explained to my best friend who was sitting in front of my full body-length mirror.

"I swear to god. After that you decided what to do?", Maddy asked looking at me through the mirror as I got ready as well.

"Well we decided that we definitely need to work things out if we want our relationship to be steady and healthy", I explained.

"That's good, like really good but you need to keep your head up high", Maddy added before turning back to her makeup.

I agreed with her and before finishing my make-up I glanced at my phone.

from Fez to Mila<3 7:01 PM

Happy Birthday beautiful, I hope you're having an amazing day. If you're down later you are welcome to come over I have something for you<3

I smiled and quickly showed Maddy the message.

"He's so cute. You think he bought you something?", Maddy asked with a grin. "I'm not sure, I hope he hasn't. I don't want a present for him, honestly he is the best present for me overall", I giggled.

"Well if he didn't get you anything he'll probably gift you his dick", Maddy laughed making me join her. "shut up Mads"

from Mila to Fez :) 7:22 PM

I'd love to, I'll keep you updated. Thank you, Fez <3

"Is Nate gonna come?", Maddy asked as she finished her lipstick. "I think so, he said he wanted to drop something off", I explained.

"Even if he is a dick, that's cute", she smiled, "Now show me that set in person".

I got out of my chair and quickly pulled my new set on. I honestly loved it, it made my body look phenomenal and wasn't too slutty and not too prude.

"God, he's definitely gonna gift you his dick if he sees you wearing this"

"Maddy", I laughed at the girls' comment.

Maddy got dressed as well and without any more time to waste we made it downstairs and fixed up the last few things.

We took three shots to get the night started, on which Cassie and Suze joined us.

"Let's get this night started", I smiled.

****

Buckle up party people, this is just the beginning

Not me making Mila's Birthday my birthday and posting it on the exact date. So Happy Birthday Mila and Happy Birthday to me :)