Kamado Tanjiro

Do you remember?

❀ word count: 868

___________________________________________________________

 Do you still remember, darling, how we first met? How we looked deep into each other's eyes, and how our souls were already fated to love each other to their very core, and how we smiled softly. I remember, love, I still remember how you dressed, and how you talked so politely, smiling back at me like I was important. You made me feel good, you warmed my long cold soul, made me feel like I was enough.

Do you remember, dove, how we became friends? How you came to meet me every chance you got, no matter how ridiculous your excuse was, just to hang out. I remember, baby, the way you made me laugh after a hard and long day working, how you danced around in a funny way, and forced me to dance with you, even if we always bumped into something, but we laughed no matter what, falling onto the couch tiredly, watching movies before we fell asleep in weird positions that left us with horrible pain.

Do you still remember, treasure, how was our first date? How I nervously asked you out, fearing you might reject me, but you said yes with sparkling eyes. I remember, honey, I still remember how you held my hand and made me feel safe and calm, because it was just us against the world, and you just made me realize why I had began falling in love with you, the most precious treasure in my messed up world.

Do you remember, angel, how we were when we started dating? How we never cared for absurd standards, and how we always cheered on each other as we pleased because we were just that crazy. I remember, precious, the way we'd do whatever came on our minds because we were young and free, and how things seemed to last forever with you by my side, because you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Do you still remember, sweetheart, how much we love each other? How we promised to stay together for eternity, in front of our friends and family, to never let go of the other until death broke us apart. I do, my sunshine, oh I do remember that day every single day of my life, and rest assured, dear, I will always make sure to remind you every day of how much I love you and our son, our little prince, that you are my entire life and the only reason I exist. Because without you, sweetie, life is nothing but a miserable waste of time.

So, my beloved, don't you ever forget that my love for you is bigger than anything you can possibly imagine, because you, precious, are the one I want forever. There are no words to describe the happiness it gives me, as I write this on my diary, to watch you play with our boy, our three year old boy, and giggle with him. Have you noticed how your smiles are exactly the same? My two beautiful shining stars.
You look at me with a gentle smile, the same one you gave me just a few years back, when we first saw each other. You ask me what I'm doing, so focused on writing. Isn't it obvious, gorgeous? I am writing about you, declaring my love in paper, because I wish to declare it in every way possible: through my voice, through my touch, through our son, and now through this letter.

Let me hold you, my most beloved spouse, whenever you're feeling down, and let me be your comfort, and my chest your pillow to cry on as much as you can. Allow me to caress your hair and pull you even closer, make you feel safe, just like you make me feel safe every day, and don't you ever forget that my love for you is unbreakable, unstoppable, and without any limitations. Let our boy be the link that unites us forever, and his own children keep this love story alive. Because even when we're not here, starlight, our love will remain intact, as it was when we met, as it kept going on as we fell deeper in love, and as it is as we live together.

You're getting up now, and you come to me, with our baby holding your hands as he asks me now, what I'm doing, and I can only smile and say I am writing a story, even if he doesn't yet know it is our love story, my beautiful gem. One day, I hope my son will see this and learn how true love feels like, and may he find his own path and his own soulmate, somewhere among this multiverse of possibilities.
After that, you take him to sleep, and I'm left alone to write my final bits, before I too go to sleep, with you in my arms, the moment I wait for every single second.

Darling, baby, sugar, treasure, my world, thank you so much for this life you gave me. For making me believe I was something better, for making me believe I was enough, and for giving me your love. So, forever and ever, I will love you, my love.

From yours, truly and purely,

Kamado Tanjiro