His knuckles all bloody and vision blurry .

He thought everything was fine now. Finally the peace. The ringing in his mind has stopped. When a voice comes from behind that made his heart to stop.

" Br..other?"

Neil stood there behind him. Looking at Aaron's devastated state. Not able to believe his eyes.

He couldn't recognise his own brother.

He looked devastated. Broken. Destroyed. Trails of blood fall down his face. Busted lip. Swollen jaw. Bruised knuckles.

Who was this man?

Was this really the same brother who protected him, loved him, smiled at his jokes. With whom he would share anything and he would always help him take the right decision.

" Fuc* bro! What happened to you!"

Neil moves forward to hold him. His eyes screaming concern. To be only stopped by Aaron's hand.

" No don't"

Neil's heart breaks right there. His footsteps stop as he looks at Aaron in disbelief.

Why was he refusing to get his help? Why does he refuses to trust him?

" What do you mean bro! You...you are fuc*ing bleeding! Did you had another one of those fig-"

His words get lost. When he sees a trail of blood falling down from Aaron's nose. And that's when he understood.

It was not just because of physical injuries.

It was something else. Something way worse.

" Fuc*"

Aaron speaks. Turning around to hide it from Neil but he has already seen it. Tilting up his face. Aaron tried to stop the blood.

Breathing heavily. Throwing aside the cigarette.

Neil's frame trembled and eyes water seeing him like this. As he stutters in desperation.

" Wh...at have you done to yourself brother?'

" Wha-t happened... please tell me!!"

He moves forward to touch him again. Neil's hand touches Aaron's shoulder. To only have the beast in him roar.

" Do.....don't fuc*ing touch me Neil! Don't you understand once?"

Neil's hand drops as the first tear falls from his eyes and it felt like something got clogged in his throat.

Why ? Why was his brother talking to him like that?

Aaron and Ben do used to engage in quarrels since childhood. But Aaron and Neil?

Never.

They always agreed on the same thing. With Neil always seeking Aaron's permission and trust in everything he used to do.

Then what happened now?

Why has Aaron gone so away from him? Why can't he even look at him.

" Just leave Neil."

Aaron speaks coldly with his back on him and Neil refuses outrightly. Coming in front of him, he gives his decision.

" I won't brother! I would never leave you in this condition!

" Hell! Where were you all these months. Mom and everyone back home were so damn worried about you! And why is there so much blood? Are you hurt? What are you hiding from us Aaron. Why don't you tell us!"

Aaron doesn't say anything for next few seconds. Scared to even meet Neil's eyes. Clenching his fist tightly. That ringing in his head returning.

He needs to go away. Neil can't see him like this